Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday - October 11

HHM



The weather in my neck of the woods:
70 degrees outside and not a single cloud in the sky.  It's been wonderful having these cooler temperatures all week.


Things that make me happy:
Taking walks with my family


Book I'm reading:
Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harries
Don't Kiss Him Goodbye by Sandra Byrd (Review)
America's Prophet by Bruce Feiler (Review)


What's on my TV today:
Episode 3 of Downton Abbey
Episodes 5 of the new Merlin Season 3
Catching up on my DVR.....The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, The Haunted



On the menu for dinner:
Pizza Margerita


On my To Do List:

Finish off the Laundry
Bathrooms


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Pumpkin Pie Tart Slices

In the craft basket:
Halloween Stitchery...got some cute ones I'm working on.
Granny Stripe Crochet Blanket, I've been making some progress on that one, will have to take a picture to show you all


Looking forward to this week:
Cooler temps


Tips and Tricks:
Mix the yolk of an egg with a little warm water..rub on the stain with a sponge. For stains that have been set in, add a few drops of alcohol to the egg and water. Nice, simple and safe way to remove stains. Doesn't cost a bundle, either!



My favorite blog post this week:
Stunning Sunset by Mousy Brown's House


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Not Dabbling in Normal.....I enjoy this blog so much, tasty recipes, beautiful photos, wonderful insight :)


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

2010_10050030

Lesson learned the past few days:

Every day is a learning lesson for me as a Christian woman, but the recurring theme and one which usually needs to be thumped over my head repeatedly, is that things are done in HIS time, not in mine and not because I think I am entitled to it at the moment.  We're going through another one of those trials right now, we may be going back to Idaho sooner than we think, it won't exactly be under the circumstances we wished but nonetheless if it happens, it's because He thinks it's the right time and for that, I have to be thankful and understanding and not question Him.


On my mind:
Halloween


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.
Psalm 62:8 (NIV)


No comments: