Wednesday, September 08, 2010

There's always a ray through the clouds

2010_09080011

Have you noticed how even on the cloudiest day there always seems to be a tiny spot in the clouds where the sun peeks through???

I often times feel this way about problems that I am currently dealing with, whether emotional, financial, physical, it's not all doom and gloom.

But of course I would also be lying if I told you that I'm not a worrier, because I am, oh big time, and no matter how many times the Lord may poke me on the shoulder and go "Hey, I'm HERE, lay it all on Me", I tend to scoff and give Him the cold shoulder because it's so much easier to just worry than to think that someone other than me has it under control. How pathetic huh?

A lot of you have been wondering how the school thing is going, so far, so good. Jasmine has decided to completely ignore the bully and not even act like she exists and Friday she said the girl only said one thing to her and that was it.

Apparently yesterday, one of the other girls in the class got sick of the bully's attitude and went off on her, told her to quit being such a b...... to everyone in the class. Guess the bully didn't like that very much, she almost cried.

It empowered Jasmine though, she says that after seeing that, she now knows how to deal with the situation should the girl get in her face again.

I'm proud of my child, she's growing up to be a very level headed, sweet young lady.

And I guess the point I'm trying to make is that there's always a light at the end of the tunnel, there's no need to consume ourselves with things that are out of our control, and that so many times it's easier to put it in the Lord's hands, as hard as that may be at the time.

If only I could actually take my own advice huh? HA!

Here's some photos of my girl, she wanted funky colors in her hair, so I put on some big chunky red highlights, she loves it and above all, she loves me and thinks I'm the coolest mom on earth, and for that alone, I say it's worth to let them be themselves and express themselves.

2010_09070006

2010_09070001

2010_09070005

How do you feel about that? Do you let your children be who they want to be, or do you (like myself) allow them to flourish but also have certain limits on what they can and can't do?

No comments: