Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sipping the day away......

Iced Tea

because it's a Saturday, and Saturday's are the brought to you by the same people who bring you porch swings, big glasses of Iced Tea and Family time.

Iced Tea

I'm feeling so much better, thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. I think these summer colds are worse than the winter ones, but on the other hand, I seem to get over these faster so it's all good.

I've been taking it easy, relaxing, resting, keeping hydrated and consuming loads of vitamin C and liquids and broths. I'm well on the way to recovery, minus a nagging cough but that's ok.

Sun Tea

One of my favorite summer time beverages is Iced Tea, or Sweet Tea as it's known in the South.

It doesn't last very long in this house, matter of fact I always feel like I'm refilling the pitcher or jar.

Which brings me to this question.......have you ever made Sun Tea? It's definitely a southern favorite, though admittedly I've never been to the south but I'm a huge fan of all things Southern.

Iced Tea

Because I have an it's delicious, though there has been some controversy about how safe it is to drink because of the water and so forth. I always make it with filtered water and honestly, it doesn't last long enough to worry about it going bad.

I may as well make use of the hot temps here in Arizona.

It's super easy to make so here's a quick recipe if you want to try it for yourself.

Sun Tea

Sun Tea


4-6 tea bags



Put 4 to 6 tea bags into a clean 2 quart glass container. Fill with water and cap. Place outside where the sunlight can strike the container for about 3 to 4 hours. Move the container if necessary to keep it in the sun. When the tea has reached its desired strength, remove from sun and put it in the refrigerator. You may or may not want to remove the tea bags at this point. (I always remove mine)

The tea will probably taste more mellow than what you are used to from using boiling water. The slow seeping has a way of bringing out a slightly different flavor from the tea. Also, because you didn't use boiling water, you should refrigerate the tea and drink it up pretty quickly - a day or two. It will not keep as well as iced tea made from boiling water.

You can add in some mint leaves or I usually add in lemon, orange or lime slices.


Mmmmmm! Enjoy!

No comments: