Monday, August 30, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday - August 30

Good Morning Ladies, welcome to another edition of the Happy Homemaker Monday, I'm so thrilled to see some familiar participants and also some new ones.

I wanted to take this moment, right before the Meme, to put forth a question to you all....I want to know if there are any ideas you have to add to this meme, any new categories you would like to see added?

If so, then just let me know in the comments section, I want to shake this up a little and maybe add different topics but I'm drawing a complete blank, so help a girl out :)


HHM



The weather in my neck of the woods:
The temps have been going up and down lately, actually got down to high 80's the other day and it felt SO good.


Things that make me happy:
Family


Book I'm reading:
Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harries


What's on my TV today:
Eureka Season 1 - Hubby and I are enjoying this show immensely
The Pillars of the Earth - will watch the new episode on Netflix


On the menu for dinner:
Meat lover's Lasagna, Salad


On my To Do List:
Sweep and Mop
Bathrooms
Change Bed Linens


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
I have two recipes that need to be posted on my food blog. If you like Chourizo I have these wonderful Chourizo Bread loaves that are super easy to make and delicious.


In the craft basket:
Granny Stripe Crochet Blanket.


Looking forward to this week:
Cooler temperatures, though I really wish we could be heading into fall already.


Tips and Tricks:

“If you dampen the inside of the dustpan under the faucet before picking up the pile of dust and dirt, the dust sticks to the pan. No sneezing!”

~1962 Heloise’s Housekeeping Hints



My favorite blog post this week:
I actually went through and read as many as I could, though I'm starting to lose the battle again from being sick and not online as much LOL I don't have a favorite, sorry.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Mousy Brown's House - such a cute blog, I'm enjoying going back and reading all the entries.


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

2010_08280114


Lesson learned the past few days:

Align CenterNot really a lesson learned but more of a reminder that having fun with your family doesn't have to be at an expensive place or anything elaborate, something as simple as exercising can mean fun for everyone.


On my mind:
My children, my family and God.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.
Romans 12:9-10

No comments: