Tuesday, June 01, 2010

{ My blog on TV }


Yes, my blog was on my tv and yours could be on yours too, did you know that?

I'm always amazed at technology and what it brings us in this day and age, it's like there is never enough and there's always something more being invented and tweaked here and there.

I was surprised when I found out that you can use internet through your Wii.

Now I'm sure some of you already knew this and are probably laughing at me, but for those that are not up to speed, like mw, let me show you how easy it is and pretty soon you too will be seeing your own blog on the tv and grinning from ear to ear. It's the small things.

First thing though, it's free so don't worry about having to spend any money on this.

Just go to your Wii menu, then click on the Shopping Channel. Once that comes up, click on Wii Channels and scroll down to the Internet Channel. Again, I promise, it's free.

Follow the directions to download it, it's quick and easy.

Once that is up, you can just click on the WWW button and enter any website address. Like your blog or even YouTube. Just try it.

It's not as great as doing it on the computer, mainly because instead of a keyboard you have to use the Wii control to enter every letter, but it's pretty neat, you can google, you can go to facebook, your blog, watch YouTube videos etc.

Just remember to have your Wii connected to the internet. *giggle*

I don't want you to try this and then come back and yell at me because it didn't work.

Now I'm off to watch the new Sense and Sensibility (2008) version. I hear the Jane Austen fans are buzzing about how this is the best version and their favorite of all time. It's peeked my interest and I'm dying to see it, I'll let you know all about it tomorrow.

Here's the trailer:

11 comments:

Mari said...

I never knew that - pretty cool!
My daughter and I watched the older version of Sense and Sensibility last week. It was good!

Whatever Is Lovely said...

Hi Sandra! Yep! & You can also watch netflix instant movies through your we now..You just have to request the disk from them.. Pretty cool!

That is my all time favorite version of Sense & Sensibility... I can never get enough of the beach cottage! Love it! I think you will really enjoy this version! Have you ever watched BBC's North & South? That's a great one too!

Hope you are having a great week!
Big Hugs ~ Teresa

Whatever Is Lovely said...

oops meant Wii LOL!

Sheila said...

Who knew? That is so neat. Thanks for sharing.

~Trema~ said...

I've tried to do the internet on wii, but I couldn't figure it out!
Also, didn't know there was a newer version of Sense and Sensibility! Now I'll have to go out and find it.
Huge Jane Austen fan!!

Mary said...

That's awesome! I am definitely going to try that today. I think it will be weird seeing everything so big.

Thanks! :)

Susanne said...

We tried to get the internet going through, I think, the satellite reviever but couldn't figure it out but there's a way to do it there too.

Unknown said...

Hi,

My name is Rev Robert Wright, Editor for Christian.com, a social network made specifically for Christians, by Christians. We embarked on this endeavor to offer the entire Christian community an outlet to join together and better spread the good word of Christianity. Christian.com has many great features like Christian TV, prayer requests, finding a church, receiving church updates and advice. We have emailed you to collaborate with you and your blog to help spread the good word of Christianity. I look forward to your response regarding this matter. Thanks!


Rev. Robert Wright
rev.robertwright@gmail.com
www.christian.com

Unknown said...

Giggle.. You can get your Netflix movies through your Wii too. Just have to order the software from Netflix. I like how the blogs on tv look so big. I saw mine one day and was like wow you can see all the pores in my babys face. Since I don't post pictures of myself much.

Renee said...

It is a great feature isn't it? Have you tried netflix through the Wii yet?

wiseopt said...

Thanks! :)