Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday!

hhm



The weather in my neck of the woods:
Raining, raining and more raining. It's the reason this post is so late getting up, because there's no school or work and with the sound of the rain I completely overslept. Feels good though :)


One of my simple pleasures:
Listening to the rain, I could stand near my bedroom window and watch and listen to the pitter patter all day long.


On my bedside table:
Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella
Kleenex


On my TV:
Stargate SG1 Season 10
Stargate Atlantis


On the menu for tonight:
Chicken Poulet (recipe will be up on food blog tonight)


On my To Do List:
Laundry
Sweep and Mop floors
Dust
Ironing
Baking with my KitchenAid *snicker*


New Recipe I tried last week:
Bama Sandwiches (will have the recipe up this morning)


In the craft basket:
Granny Square blanket - It's been in there forever, I need to get back to it.


Looking forward to:
Watching some movies this afternoon, after all the housework is done, I want to get on the couch with a big thick blanket, a cup of hot chocolate and a good movie.


Homemaking Tip for this week:
I know most of us ladies have pierced ears, but how many of you sometimes go long periods of time without wearing any earrings only to find that when you do want to put some on, it's a bit of a pain to get the earring through?
I have this problem especially with Jasmine and I hate hurting her, so I started using a little dab of antibiotic ointment on the tip and they slide right through while also keeping it nice and clean and disinfected.


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
"She deserves some TLC" from Sandra at Sister Faith. Such a good post :)


Favorite photo from last week:

My new baby

2010_01160005


Lesson learned the past few days:
That sometimes it's ok to have your kids miss one day of school even if they're not sick. Why? Because Friday we all needed that extra time together, that bonding, that TLC and it's exactly what we got. I used to get so upset when the kids missed a day of school even if they were sick, I just didn't like doing that but I quickly realized that I'm the mom and I know better than anyone if a day at home whether due to sickness OR not, is what is best for them.


On my Prayer List:
Family and Friends


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ. For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body--whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free--and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.
1 Corinthians 12:12-13

12 comments:

Debra said...

Enjoy your mixer. I love mine!

I agree about the school thing. It is certainly important to go but sometimes I think it's okay to take them out just because. And most of the time I think they learn more at home w/ us than at school (because we are good parents-I know there are parents out there who are lazy & their kids are better off at school but that's not us. Hope that makes sense).

Tina Leigh said...

Yes there are advantages to rainy days! It is nice here today...I think the nicest day of the year! BUT I HAVE A HEADACHE (brought on from being without food & drink wayyy to long for a blood draw this morning.!) I am now longing for DAFFODILS!!!!

I made your Bacon-chicken again the other night & everyone loved it. We had sweet taters & green beans with it...toooo gooood!!!!

Jamie said...

Raining here, too, so it's definitely a soup night! My kiddos are under the weather, so we've been enjoying the cloudiness from the couch underneath blankets.
Sounds like a good day to me!

PS Enjoy the new mixer. I absolutely love mine!

Anonymous said...

I love the sound of rain when I'm all cosy indoors. It's just going out in drizzle I hate, and it's been drizzly all day here.

Enjoying your mixer I see :)

YayaOrchid said...

I too love the sound of rainfall. Especially in cold weather. Enjoy the day with your family. Such a blessing to have days like this!

Looking forward to your recipe too.

Jen said...

I LOVE my stand mixer. Just recently we bought a pasta maker attachment. ENJOY!!

I love the scripture you posts. Have a great day.

Tracy said...

I dream of owning a Kitchen Aide mixer. A pretty pink one, if I had my choice.

Mandy P said...

Hello!! I am a brand spanking new mommy blogger and stumbled upon your blog. SO glad I did!! Can't wait to follow you and your everyday craziness. Feel free to drop by my blog and visit our insanity. =)

Elizabeth-Plain and Simple said...

It rained here the entire weekend but it has been beautiful today. Love the mixer. I have been thinking about getting a new one . . . I received mine as a wedding gift 31 years ago. Been a good one. Thanks for hosting this event and have a nice week.

Blessings,
Elizabeth

Handy said...

Congratulations for your new baby wish u will have good recipe with it

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Hope you had a great Monday! :) Enjoy your new maid in the kitchen!!

Our neck of the woods said...

congrats on the new "baby" I can't wait to see what goodies you'll be whipping up in it.
Thanks for the chai recipe (we adore chai) I have the same canning jars and I will be making this JUST so I can use the jar!