Thursday, October 01, 2009

Slow Cooking Thursday

slowcooking

Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgnVrAukhFr795p-MqgwABxxU7hFd5PB1xPL9I-nUc91JbIGNFMYd8MVf4vxoq71HgC49k3nhz-zIe5kjbGmrzrDER_PRnCQLyD-loCZq4mLZPFb0y7rtIwjdCsVlkPreQYStgO/s1600/ShreddedSaladPeanutSauce_500close.jpg
Image credit: Lisa is Cooking

Indonesian Chicken in Peanut Sauce

8-skinless chicken thighs
5-carrots, sliced
2-onions, chopped
2-cloves garlic, minced
¾-cup smooth peanut butter
¼-cup soy sauce
½-tsp ginger
¼-tsp hot pepper flakes
1-cup frozen peas
1-tsp white wine vinegar
2-green onion, sliced
½-cup chopped, unsalted peanuts

Place chicken, carrots, onions and garlic in slow cooker
In a small bowl, whisk together 1 ¼-cups water, peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger and hot pepper flakes
Pour into slow cooker
Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours (high for 2 hours) or until vegetables are tender and the chicken juices run clear
Add peas and vinegar
Cover and cook for 10 more minutes
Serve and garnish with green onions and peanuts

Make 4 servings





15 comments:

redeemed diva said...

I just found you! Love the blog, LOVE this pic of food--now I know what i'm making for dinner tomorrow!

Cheryl B. said...

I stopped by your blog to verify that you were still hosting your Thursday "theme day".

In case you aren't sure why I would do that, please first go here: http://thehousethatlovebuilt.xanga.com/712911712/today--/

and then read this one:
http://thehousethatlovebuilt.xanga.com/712911311/sept-theme-days/

I see that you still are, so I shall leave you on the lists :-D I bet with the on set of colder weather, and people wanting soups, stews, etc., you'll be getting a lot more participants!!!

THANKS!!!
Cheryl B.

Anonymous said...

Hey, the Chicken in Peanut Sauce looks good... I was worried you had dropped the meme...glad to see you still plugging away.

Mari said...

This looks really good Sandra. I've never had anything with Peanut sauce, but will have to try this one.

Renee said...

This looks and sounds delicious! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for hosting this meme. Have a great weekend.

Bonnie said...

This looks good Sandra ... I'll have to give it a try.

I've missed your long chatty posts ! You ever coming back ? I hope everything is ok ....

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I look forward to trying this recipe. I love peanut sauce, and doing this dish in the crockpot will be great.

FlowerLady

Heart2Heart said...

Sandra,

Even more yummy recipes to capture this week. Thank you so much for sharing yours!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Sami Jo said...

Oh my! Looks so delish!!! Totally have been wanting a recipe like this - thanks!!!

YayaOrchid said...

Oh yum! This one looks like a winner and not too difficult to make. Thank you for sharing!

Irish Garden said...

Hello, that's a great recipe

Though I'm Indonesian, I never used this kind of recipe, LOL

Thanks a lot!

lindsey said...

That recipe looks fabulous, I look forward to participating in future slow cook Thursdays, sounds fun :)

Eagles Wings said...

Thanks for stopping by...yes it's the perfect time of year for apple butter!
Blessings

Anonymous said...

Hey Sandra, I've not blogged in two months so I was so pleased that you stopped by my blog! I see you've not been posting as much recently either, life's so busy hey. I'll have a little read through your posts now.

Huge hugs

xxxxx Sarah

Shannon said...

Hi there! I see that Mr. Linky is giving you fits. Maybe you could have people post their links in their comments, and then set your comments to show right under your post? It would have pretty much the same effect. :-)

By the way, the Peanut Chicken sounds deeeeelicious!!!

Take care,
Shannon