Thursday, September 10, 2009

Slow Cooking Thursday

slowcooking

Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.


Here is today's recipe...YUM!

Image and recipe credit: RecipeTips

Slow Cooker Carrot Cake Recipe

Ingredients
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup grated carrots - packed
- whipped topping or cream cheese frosting for serving

* Prepare carrots by peeling and grating. Set the grated carrots aside.
* In a mixing bowl, cream the sugar, eggs, water and vegetable oil together.
* Add the flour, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Blend just long enough to blend all ingredients.
* Stir the grated carrots in by hand until they are evenly distributed.
* Grease the inside of the crock from the 3 quart slow cooker. Pour in the batter and spread out evenly on the bottom of the crock.
* Place four or five paper towels over the top of the crock and cover. Turn slow cooker on low and cook for 2 to 3 hours.
* The cake is done when firm in the middle. Check by inserting a toothpick in the center. If done, the toothpick should come out clean.
* Remove the crock from the slow cooker and place on a rack to cool before serving.
* Cut pieces and remove from the crock. Serve with whipped topping or top with cream cheese frosting.





18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! Love carrot cake!

Conny said...

oooooooooh! cake in a crock pot! cool.

Melissa said...

Looks like a great way to make a cake without heating up the oven. I've seen crockpot cake recipes but haven't tried it yet. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to try this! Looks delicious!

familymgrkendra said...

I am soo going to have to try this!! We love carrot cake and do one in our bread machine.

I only have a 5qt or a 6qt crockpot. Can this recipe be done as is for a small cake or double the recipe for a large cake?

Thanks for the recipe!!

Heart2Heart said...

Sandra,

I would have never thought this was possible. Thanks for sharing a great recipe with all of us.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Renee said...

This sounds wonderful! I can't wait to make it. I'll be joining in next week - this week has been great but crazy. Wishing y'all a wonderful weekend.

Mari said...

This looks delicious!

SnoWhite said...

wow - I love carrot cake and this looks tasty and moist!

Jen said...

That sounds really good. Carrot cake is my hubby's favorite. I did not participate today, I was outside all day. I hung the laundry outside and then watched it dry! LOL! Hope all is well with you and your family.

Hesses Madhouse said...

Wow! Looks AMAZING! I'm definitely going to try that one.

Judy @ daily yarns said...

Oh my goodness...I am going to definitely have to try this. I love carrot cake!

Christina said...

OMG I am trying this one today. Thanks.

The Raggedy Girl said...

I have never made cake in a crock pot. I will have to try that.

The Raggedy Girl

HuNnY aNd PoPpA LeWiS said...

That sounds so yummy! I absolutely adore my crock pot, so I cannot wait to try this recipe. Thanks & have a great day!

Blessed Beyond said...

This looks awesome!!! And sounds wonderful!

Hugs and Blessings,

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Really?!??! Carrot cake in a crock pot? I kind of don't believe it's possible...I might need to try this on Saturday!

So glad I stumbled upon your site. Always looking for crock pot recipes for busy days full of after school activities. Thanks!

Sashquatch said...

Wonderful recipe! Carrot cake is one of my all time favourites and this is such a clever method i hadnt thought of as being possible. Lovely post indeed!