Monday, September 28, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday!

hhm



The weather in my neck of the woods:
Still hot but thankfully we're supposed to start cooling down a bit this week and by that I don't mean like 50's or 40's, I mean just out of the triple digits LOL


One of my simple pleasures:
Middle afternoon, hot cup of tea and a cookie or two.


On my bedside table:
A few more books for reviewing.


On my TV:
Little House on the Prairie Season 6
Supernatural Season 2


On the menu for tonight:
Steaks, Mushroom sauce, Mashed potatoes.


On my To Do List:
Finish off the laundry, fold and put away
Mop and Sweep
Doctor's appointment


New Recipe I tried last week:
None


In the craft basket:
Still haven't made the Corn Husk dolls....ugh, I need to kick my own behind into gear.


Looking forward to:
Getting this girlie appointment out of the way, I can't stand it and I get all nervous until it's over and done with.


Homemaking Tip for this week:
Just clean as you go and try to stay on top of things during the weekend. Believe me, I know what it's like come Monday morning and everyone is off to work and school, you're left standing in your living room with what looks like the aftermath of a tornado.


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
I'm leaving this one blank, I didn't get around to any blog reading.


Favorite photo from last week:
Because I love Korean food and because I've been eating too much of it and have managed to put on 5 lbs which now I'm really upset about LOL


2009_09190025


Lesson learned the past few days:
That those little rumors we hear about getting older and our metabolism not being the same, are in fact true. Who knew? *snicker*
My weight is driving me insane, I need to quit eating like I'm starving and I need to quit putting on some much weight, I gotta remember that I'm not a little spring chicken anymore and it's getting harder to drop the extra pounds.


On my Prayer List:
My husband - his shoulder is not as painful anymore and he's able to lift his arm.
Myself - Pray that everything is fine when I go to my appointment. I don't like breast exams and the other ones in the nether regions LOL Please pray that everything is fine.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
The lips of the righteous know what is fitting, but the mouth of the wicked only what is perverse.

Proverbs 10:32 (NIV)





19 comments:

Kari said...

Happy Monday Sandra.
Hoping the doctors appointment goes well and good to hear that your hubby's shoulder is not as painful.
And the rumors on metabolism - don't you just hate that!
Those noodles look yummy.
Great week!

The Raggedy Girl said...

Every Monday when I drop by to see what you are up to I hit myself over the head for not getting back into the meme as it was always my favorite. I am still working on the big redecorate and I am sick of moving furniture and painting. We also had record breaking temps this weekend. The stir fry looks amazing.

The Raggedy Girl

Jen said...

Loved this...sounds like things are going well. I know exactly what it feels like to be standing in the LR when everyone has left and you are left standing....I'am now.

Enjoy your week.

Jen said...

I know exactly what you mean by the "woman" doctor's appointments. That is one I've been putting off, my thinking is this...I've been to SO many doctors in the past year that I just can't stand another one...yeah thats it. LOL! The Korean food looks great! Have a great day!

everyday mom of one said...

I need to make my womans appointment, it has been 2 years for me, I know I know, thats bad. I don't just hate the exam, I hate the waiting too. Good Luck

And I totally understand about the metabolism thing, I always thought my sisters were being spiteful when they told me I would be fat one day, hmmm I found out they knew better!!

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Hope you have a blessed Monday!

Lulu said...

praying for you..

Heart2Heart said...

Sandra,

I think we all have been there in your girlie appointments. I am still waiting for technology to keep up for women and make these less humiliating and pain free for women.

Love how you can accurately capture our mothers vision of a clean house during the week and on Monday morning the effects of the tornado.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Amy said...

Well hey there sweet Sandra!

So glad to see your posts! Have missed you, but totally understand unplugging more and focusing on what is really important. Since school has started, my blog has gotten a little cob webby.. :)

I hear ya on the metabolism.. I think if you exercise and get moving, then you won't have to worry about the portions. Just something I have learned about all that.

hugs.. Amy

Debra said...

Yes, it's true about your metabolism. I am also experiencing this first hand - ugh! Best of luck to you.

Have a great week!

Renee said...

Just said a prayer that your appt. goes well. Glad to hear your hubby's shoulder is improving. Have a great rest of the week!

Desia said...

I'm reading a book on "Metabolism B" and how to diet for it; not sure how scientific it is, but so far it makes sense to me, as far as my slowly-declining-for-the-last-10-years-metabolism is concerned!

Tina said...

Happy Monday. Such a sweet pic of your life! We watch Little House in our home, too. I love that we can check them out at our library.

Alicia said...

LOL, mine is not about "Make your own omelet" my stupid autofill thing put that in! lol

This was my first time doing this. It was neat.

Susanne said...

I know what you mean about those darn appointments. I always seem to get myself all worked up. Which reminds me I really need to make "that" appointment.

Unknown said...

Hello, I'm new to blogger over here and wanted to say I had to follow your blog bc it's awesome and i love it! Don't have any followers so feel free to follow! So thanks and love the blog!

Grandma Elsie said...

I ain't laughing cause I got that appointment for the "Squeeze "coming up Thursday...I pray that all your exams come back good reports.
Please pray for mine as my sister had breast cancer ..

Tina Leigh said...

I hear ya in the Lessons Learned! Drives me nuts too but I am hungry all the time!! LOL

Cheryl B. said...

I left this "theme day" on the lists too :-D