Friday, July 24, 2009

Come with me into the kitchen.....

2009_07240017

I've been cooped in my little kitchen all day, I've been in one of those "feel like cooking up a storm" moods and besides there's no place in the house I enjoyed being in more.

It's actually pretty funny if I count the actual hours spent inside my kitchen LOL

So come on in and sit with me, let me tell you what I've been up to today, me in my cute little apron and nothing but pots and pans and cups of coffee.

Speaking of aprons, before I even begin, are you an apron wearing homemaker or do you forego the apron at all? Because if love them as much as I do, boy do I have the place for you to go and check out, it's called madetogether and it's on Etsy and OH.MY.GOODNESS, I'm in love.

How adorable is this apron?

http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_430xN.79620578.jpg

And this one?

http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_430xN.80397800.jpg

Yeah, I love all of these, again if you're looking for a super cute apron check out the ladies at madetogether.

Now back to the cooking.

I know a lot of you don't do any baking during the summer because it's too hot, I guess I'm the odd one out because I don't care if it's 10 or 100 degrees, if I want to cook something I'll do it either way LOL

2009_07240021

So first thing I did was get the ingredients going in the crockpot for the Green Chili Stew recipe I shared on Thursday, it smelled heavenly and it tasted divine. I did cheat a bit because I threw in some potatoes o' brien *snicker*

While that cooked away, I baked some Amish White Bread, two loves of this delicious, simple and quick bread.

You know something? My loaves never turn out perfect, I am definitely not a baker but what they lack in prettiness they more than make up in taste. YUM!

As soon as the first loaf was out of the oven I slathered on some homemade butter which I had just finished making. I know, I know, I pretty much made everything today didn't I? LOL

2009_07240024

And then I was left with the buttermilk, which means tomorrow morning we'll have those amazing fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes.

2009_07240011

Which got me thinking that I needed to make some yummy homemade maple syrup, so that's what I did too. I all my bottles from when we went to the farm nearby and bought a bunch of flavored syrups. They really do come in handy now.

We actually prefer this syrup to the store bought and it's so quick and easy to make, you have all the ingredients in the pantry and what's better than putting a platter of hot off the griddle pancakes on the table and pouring on some syrup made by you?

Oh and I didn't make these today, I made them a few days ago but if you haven't been over to the Food Blog in a few, you have GOT to go check this recipe out. It was one of those days when I threw a bunch of things together and came up with what is now one of my family's favorite meals and a bunch of readers too, I don't think any of my other recipes have made their way around the net as fast as this one LOL

2009_07200011


Seriously drool worthy, I don't know if I can go another week without making it again, good grief, it's THAT good if I do say so myself.

Anyway, I'm going to wash all the dishes and light some candles, make myself a cup of hot tea and then I'm starting on a new crochet bag, I'll show you all tomorrow :)

12 comments:

Mari said...

You have been busy! I'm not an apron wearer, but those sure are cute!
I have to go check out your chicken recipe now - looks good!

Conny said...

ohhhhhhhhh, I would love to visit your kitchen FOR REAL ... and taste test some of those yummy foods you've cooked/baked.

Amy said...

Oh Sandra....could you share how you make your homemade syrup, please??? Homemade Maple Syrup....OMG sounds heavenly!

Michele said...

I was thinking of making this chicken just for myself since it would be so easy to make only one serving, or many more if needed. Could even be turned into an appetizer, too, just by making the chicken pieces smaller. Talk about the perfect dish!
I think I will try the Maple Syrup, too.
Yummy!

Pom Pom said...

Hi Sandra,
Way to go! You cooked up a storm! I'm trying to lose weight so I liked LOOKING at all the food! Ha ha!
I was looking at patterns for aprons at the fabric store and I had to acknowledge that making an apron would probably be at the bottom of my "to do" list before I got the fabric home, but they ARE so cute and MAYBE I'll make one SOMEDAY! Your blog is cute and inspiring!

Lori said...

Whoa! Wonderful post. Everything looked yummy...including the aprons!! LOL! I love spending time in my kitchen too...especially when it's one of those days I get to spend all day in there!

Lulu said...

yum, yum, yum Sandra..
you make so many delich foods..
have a great weekend.

Christy said...

Thank you so much for the maple syrup recipe! When I married my husband I "converted" to real maple syrup, but now we cannot afford it and I cannot go back to the pancake syrups offered in the store. I cannot wait to try this!

Bonnie said...

yummy post sandra !! and i love the new look of your blog ! the photo in the header is amazing ! i love laundry blowing in the breeze and with that green grass and blue sky ... it's just perfect. where did you take the photo ??

Heart2Heart said...

Sandra,

WOW! This almost sounds like a baker's version of "If you give a Mouse a Cookie!"

You just went from cooking one thing right into another. I must say I am not that talented especially when cooking in 110+ weather. Just don't like the thought of putting my oven on!

Thanks again for letting me live through your cooking!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Tina Leigh said...

I will cook too no matter what the temp. is! Sounds like you had a good day. I will try the chicken recipe. BUT how did you make homemade maple syrup? What about the maple trees? lol. I wish I had some pan cakes right now!!!!!!!!

Debbie said...

I would have LOVED to have spent this day in the kitchen with you - what beautiful productions!