Monday, February 09, 2009

{ 31 Days of Prayer for my Husband } - Day 9



I feel that behind every wonderful blogging woman I have come to know, there is an amazing man, they are the ones working in the background. The ones providing for our families, fixing what is broken around the house, giving us a hug when we're down, listening to our bad days, putting up with the constant flashing of cameras in their eyes (admit it, you tote that camera around just as much as I do LOL).

So I think they need to be recognized and admired and acknowledged for the wonderful husbands they are and what better way to do that, than to devote a whole month of prayer to them. Will you join me?

Embark with me on a journey for the next 31 Days, in which we devote ourselves to prayer for our husbands.



Day 9

Pray that your husband handle finances wisely, will have discernment concerning budgeting and investments, and will be a good steward of his money in regard to giving to the Lord’s work. Pray that money will not become a source of discord in your family. (Prov. 23:4-5; Rom. 12:13; Heb. 13:5)




Proverbs 23

4 Do not wear yourself out to get rich;

have the wisdom to show restraint.

5 Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone,
for they will surely sprout wings
and fly off to the sky like an eagle.

Romans 12:13 (New International Version)

13Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.


Hebrews 13:5 (New International Version)

5Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
"Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you."

Myspace Graphics



If you're a lurker, I invited you to come on out and join us, let's pray for the wonderful husbands in our lives, together :)

10 comments:

A Stone Gatherer said...

What an awesome prayer and timely!

Conny said...

I've had someone recently thank me for putting up the husband prayers on my blog - so I pass that thanks on to you. There ARE women praying! This prayer though, I am having to pray for more for ME then my husband - LOL - he's GREAT with money....me, not so much.
thehutchhaus.blogspot.com
Conny

Amy said...

Oh yes!! I am in!

Sarah said...

this is a big one! thanks!

Jen said...

I am still praying. You have to read my side note at the bottom of the post from today. Thank you for hosting this.

Donnetta said...

Just wanted to let you know I love this... encouragement to pray for our husbands!

I was praying just this last weekend financial direction prayers for my husband as we realized we owe twice as much as we thought in taxes.

Praying for wisdom for him and that I will happily follow his lead as we come up with the extra $.

Keep these encouragements going...

The Raggedy Girl said...

Sandra
Still praying along side of you.
This was really a beautiful one today and I loved the verses especially the Proverb 23.
Roberta Anne ♥♥♥

Mari said...

I'm praying - although I added myself in this prayer because he is much better than me!

Marian said...

Love all the prayers and still praying. This is very worthwhile and I look forward to the prayers each day. Thanks!!!

Unknown said...

Still praying, such good stuff.