Monday, October 27, 2008

Cake Time!

One of my favorite childhood memories is this marble cake that my stepmom used to make.

Hubby started a new shift today which means he won't see the kids until the weekend and they're sad and missing him already so I decided to make a meal that would be all about comfort, one of my favorites from when I was growing up, Shepherd's Pie and Marble Cake, and one that brings me wonderful memories....I hope it does the same thing for them.


Photobucket

While you're there, check out my Crockpot Beef Curry, an old family favorite converted into the slow cooker. YUM!


Photobucket

10 comments:

ROXY said...

This beef curry sounds super easy. I will have to give it a try. Add something new and interesting to our dinner line up! BTW, love the new blog header!!

Anonymous said...

The curry sounds simple - we'll try it some time. the marble cake looks yummy!

the said...

You must of been reading my mind..... scary! lol
I have been wanting to make this cake- this is so cool! Thanks for the help :)

Tammy said...

Those food photos look like they should be in a magazine...I can almost smell them! :)
~Tammy (Lattes and Lollipops)

Anonymous said...

I love curry but it doesn't like me but I can chow into that cake for sure.

Cheri said...

Shepherds Pie is on my supper list this week too!

Steve and Eden said...

Yummy!

Lulu said...

oh i love this cake, i could eat it with coffee every single day..

heidi @ ggip said...

How sweet that you are making comfort food for your kids. I'm sure you are going to miss him more too!

Tina Leigh said...

Oh that looks so good!!