Wednesday, October 08, 2008

And then the doctor said......

"Wow I'm impressed, the levels on everything are outstanding, your blood is great, your liver and kidneys are great, you have no cholesterol, no diabetes, perfect levels for everything, wish all my patients were like this".

And I sat stunned and wondering just how I get to eat everything I want and still be in such amazing health.....then I thanked the Lord, right there and then, thanked Him for blessing me and for watching over me.

I walked out of the doctors office this morning with a huge smile on my face and feeling as if 30 lbs had been lifted from my shoulders, because let's face it, when you're sitting in that waiting period between the blood being drawn and the doctor giving you the results, you worry and you imagine and you set up all these different scenarios in your mind....what you don't do that? That's just me? Oh well LOL

I can't believe we're halfway through this week already, where does the time go? And how can I get some back?

Thank you all for the great comments on yesterday's post about kids and sickness, if only you had been around when I had my first baby and used to rush her to the ER if she so much as breathed differently LOL Isn't it amazing how much we change and grow as parents as the years go by?



Do you remember the first time you brought your FIRST baby home? I walked into the house and sat down and then suddenly it hit me, here I have this tiny fragile helpless baby that I need to do everything for and Lord knows I couldn't even do everything for myself yet LOL But you look at them and wonder "how will I make it through?"
Every little cry sends you into a frenzy, you check their breathing a couple of times a night which makes it impossible to have a good night's sleep, you monitor everything they do, how many wet and dirty diapers, how many ounces of milk did they eat, are they hungry, should you give them more?

It's a rush of information and questions coming at you. But we all survived it and when the next baby comes along you adopt the motto of "if it's not bleeding or there's no protruding bones, they're fine" LOL
Sad but true isn't it? I mean you still watch them like a hawk but you learn to trust your instincts and trust yourself and realize that there is NO PERFECT parent, there is no perfect of doing things, it's a learn as you go process and in many ways you continue down that path until the day you die. You don't ever stop being a parent, the issues and struggles just change as they get older.

If you stuck with me this far, I applaud you because I'm in one of those blabbering days, I'm sorry, I wish I could stick to one theme, but I guess I write as I speak. Now I'm worried cause I switch subjects so often people probably thing I'm ditzy LOL

Oh well.....I have some laundry to do today and also will be baking a Pumpkin Cream Cheese Roll, YUM, I'll have the recipe up on the food blog later. Dinner will be Mrs H.'s Oven Baked Ribs, some curly fries and corn on the cob.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f286/Len4ik/mcleods_daughters.jpg

I'm also hoping to finish Season 1 of McLeod's Daughters which I'm just loving right now. I find myself devouring all the episodes as soon as I get them and then anxiously waiting for that little red envelope from Netflix in the mail.

And that's it, Nicholas still has a bit of a runny nose and if he's not better by tomorrow I'm making an appointment for the doctor, poor thing is tired of this cold and so am I. Kids are doing great in school, Jasmine is at the highest level of spelling and math and reading for her class, we're so proud of her :)

Nicholas is also doing outstanding in kindergarten, he's been coming home and saying things like "200+200+200=600". UH.....WOW! LOL We throw some numbers his way and he's actually pretty good at math. We're blessed with very smart children :)

So that's it for me, I'm going to get my things together to start the Pumpkin Roll. Can't wait.

15 comments:

Mari said...

All good reports! Yeah!

Steve and Eden said...

Hope that Nicholas gets better before tomorrow. I've only had pumpkin roll once and it was soo good. Looking forward to seeing your recipe and finding out how it turned out.

I've been enjoying your daily autumn pics!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are in great health! that must be great to hear.

And Nicholas' math ability is amazing.

Hugs and love

Sarah

Annie said...

Isn't it great when we get to see our kids learning!!

Oh and I love McLeod's Daughters as well!!

smilnsigh said...

You are sooooooooo lucky to have such a wonderful report from blood testing. You appreciate it. Now enjoy it. :-))))

Gentle hugs,
Miss Mari-Nanci

Renee said...

Congrats on the good news from the doc! I'll have to check out the McLeod's sisters...sounds great. Have a great rest of the week!

Cheri said...

That is all good news- love days like that!

Hesses Madhouse said...

So glad you're doing so well!!! Isn't it nice to know that things are ticking well inside? Can't wait for that recipe. Oh, and by the way, the ramblings are the best!

gail@more than a song said...

I don't think I've heard of McLeod's Daughters before! Will have to check it out.
Glad you got a good report.

GranthamLynn said...

What a great post. I love the baby photo. Thanks for sharing with us. I hope that you do have friends now that support you, lift you up and encourage.
Today I began my new meme about friends.
Come over and check it out and join us.
Many Blessings my friend.
Sherry

Krista said...

We had a cold at our house too. It seemed like it would jump from one to the other and then make it's rounds again! My husband has seen the worst of it. He still has it. The pumpkin bread looks delicious! I may try to make this tomorrow. I made a wonderful banana bread yesterday.

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

I love a pumpkin roll, thanks for the inspiration! It looks delish, by the way, since I'm a day late and the recipe is up ;)

When I brought my daughter home, I was afraid to go to sleep that night, she seemed so fragile and totally dependent on us!

Have a great day,
Steph

Kirstin said...

Great report! Whoo hoo!

Mozi Esme said...

Congrats on your good reports!

And our kids are turning out just fine in spite of the learning curves, thank goodness!

Michelle said...

glad to hear you got a good report from the doctor!