Thursday, October 18, 2007

Slow Cooking Thursday!!!

All my slow cooking recipes are now online and starting today, I will add all the recipes shared weekly to my online del.icio.us site too. So if you're wanting to find ALL the slow cooked recipes that have been shared since the first SLOW COOKING THURSDAY, here is the link for you.


Morning ladies, it's thursday and time for another Slow Cooking Thursday. I'm sporting a new SCT banner so go ahead and update your old ones when you get a chance.

Thank you again to all the participants, I've gotten such a wonderful collection of recipes already and can't wait to see more.

Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.

I made this recipe for last night's dinner and it was REALLY REALLY good....the enchiladas came out so creamy and were just delicious.


SLOW COOKER CHICKEN ENCHILADA ROLL UPS
Credit: Howstuffworks


Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 7 to 8 hours (LOW) • 3 to 4 hours (HIGH)
Yield: Makes 6 servings
Ingredients:
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup chicken broth
1 small onion, diced
1/4 to 1/2 cup canned jalapeño peppers,* sliced
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
2 tablespoons whipping cream or milk
6 (7- to 8-inch) flour tortillas
6 thin slices American cheese or American cheese with jalapeño peppers


Preparation:
1.
Cut each chicken breast lengthwise into 2 or 3 strips. Combine 1/2 cup flour and salt in resealable food storage bag. Add chicken strips and shake to coat with flour mixture. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken strips in batches 2 to 3 minutes per side. Place chicken into slow cooker.

2.
Add chicken broth to skillet and scrape up any browned bits. Pour broth mixture into slow cooker. Add onion, jalapeño peppers and oregano. Cover; cook on LOW 7 to 8 hours or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours.

3.
Blend remaining 2 tablespoons flour and cream in small bowl until smooth. Stir into chicken mixture. Cook, uncovered, on HIGH 15 minutes or until thickened. Spoon chicken mixture onto center of flour tortillas. Top with 1 cheese slice. Fold up tortillas and serve.


Serving Suggestion: This rich creamy chicken mixture can also be served over hot cooked rice.

15 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for hosting every week Sandra! I've got a good one today!

Have a terrific day :)

Laura

Anonymous said...

That sounds delicious!! Thanks so much for another great week.

BTW--your blog took a really long time to load this morning--I had to refresh 3 times before it fully loaded?? hmm...not sure if it's just me.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra,
Great recipe. I was wondering if you would be able to find a slow cooker recipe this week. :) Are you enjoying your books?
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Kyra said...

Thanks for hosting! I'm excited about your other recipe site with ALL the recipes! There were a couple I missed out on!

Sandra said...

tegdirb92 - I had the same problem this morning, not sure why it did it, blogger has been acting weird for me lately though.

Anonymous said...

This looks good. Thanks for sharing!


MJ

Michelle said...

Hi Sandra thanks for hosting every week,this sounds really good..have a great day;=)

Renee said...

Great recipe! I can't wait to try it out. Thanks for stopping by.

Real World Martha said...

Sounds YUMMY!
Ok, so the home and pumpkin pictures have me mega sad for fall. I live in the southwest and no fall here (at least not within a 3 hour drive).
I am a SAHM of two boys.
Have a BLESSED day!
Debbie
aka The Real World Martha

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to trying these great recipes! This has been so nice for our family on those busy days! Thanks!

Michelle said...

I'd love to try these, but it's so hard to cook for just myself, and Kayla (who hardly eats anything for dinner!) and then have all these leftovers. I might have to wait until Joe gets back to make this one!

Angi said...

Do you HAVE to brown the chicken first? Could I get away with just doing it all in the Crock Pot?

Annie said...

Looks yummy Sandra, I'm so glad it is cooling off and time to make all these yummy recipes!
blessings~
Annie

Mari said...

Those enchiladas look so good. I love that you are going to have the recipes online. Thanks for doing this.

Anonymous said...

Sandra,
Have a Blessed Weekend, and miss you..come by sometime..."and be encouraged!!"
Hugs to you,
Jeannene