Thursday, May 31, 2007


Welcome to my weekly Crockpot Recipes Exchange. It's such a great way to share your avorite dishes or to learn some new ones to make for your family.

What do you think??? Do You have some great recipes to share, or perhaps you're looking for some delicious ones to give you a reason to pull out the ol' crockpot???
Time to pull out those crockpots and put them to good use. If you want to join in, just grab the banner and add your name to Mr Linky :)


Beer Beef Stew with Dumplings

Ingredients

1¼ lb (500g) beef, cubed
3 tbsp all-purpose (plain) flour
2 onions, medium - sliced
½ pint (300ml) beer (ale)
2 tsp prepared mustard (paste)
1 tsp brown sugar
salt and pepper

Dumplings

3 oz (85g) self-raising flour
1 oz (25g) butter
1 tsp dried herbs
pinch salt and pepper
2fl oz (50 ml) milk


Method

1 Put the flour in a plastic bag and add the beef. Toss around until coated.
2 You could now brown the meat if you desire - however we did not have time.
3 Put the beef and onion in the crock pot.
4 Mix the other ingredients together and pour over the beef.
5 Cook on low for 8-10 hours
6 Sometime during this period make the dumplings.
7 Combine all the ingredients, with sufficient milk (may need slightly more or less) to make a soft dough.
8 Shape into four to six balls.
9 About 40 minutes prior to serving, put the dumplings in the crock pot.
10 Turn on high, replace lid. And enjoy in 30-40 minutes.

Notes
Next time, I would make double the dumpling mix and make twice the number of dumplings. The dumplings worked very well.

8 comments:

Mari said...

Sounds like something my family would like. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Great recipe!! I bet the beer makes the meat really tender. Have a great week, Sandra :)

Annie said...

Yum! I love dumplings!
Thanks Sandra.

Lori4squaremom said...

Ooooh, Sandra, beef and beer and dumplings! Sounds like the perfect stew recipe to me :) Thanks for posting!!!!

In Him,
Lori4squaremom
http://lori.scottdomain.com

Anonymous said...

Looks interesting. Thanks for hosting!



MJ

Betsy said...

Thanks Sandra!

Marye said...

mmm..that looks great! I forgot to say that my submission was a dessert, a red, white and blue cobbler.
thanks for doing this!
Oh..and it is on my other, other blog, bakingdelights.com which is not on blogger. :)

Debi said...

I'm glad I found out about your blog from Mari-Nanci (smilinsigh) -- I've added you to my "blogs I read".

God bless!
-Debi