Wednesday, January 31, 2007

This has been THE WORST winter for me......


I guess I jinxed myself by saying that I hoped I didn't get sick. I've really had it people, I can't handle being sick again, it seems that this cold or virus or whatever is just sticking around and taking it's sweet time playing musical chairs with us.

If it was just my family I would seriously think something was off, but it seems to be everyone around here and even some friends of mine in other states. What is going on???
Is it too early to start campaigning for Spring to arrive????

So I'm sitting here feeling absolutely awful, I haven't even been able to make it to anyone's blog, I'm hoping tomorrow I can. Went to bed last night just fine, was all happy watching American Idol and then I wake up in the middle of the night feeling congested.....should have been the first sign but since it kinda went away, I didn't give it another thought, until 2 hours ago, it's really hit me hard, now I'm completely congested, body aches and running a high fever. Doesn't even phase me that much anymore, I'm used to it by now.


Tonight though I'm doing what my grandfather used to do, a glass of warm milk with a shot of whiskey, I'll sweat like a pig during the night, but by golly I'll be all totally over it tomorrow. Sounds good to me.
Hey a mother has to do what a mother has to do, I can't go driving around like this and chase after kids, everytime they start bickering over something my head feels like it's going to explode.

It's an early night for me, going to snuggle in bed with a good book since there's NOTHING on tv to watch, if I want I can pop in my movie "Lady in the Water" just hope it's good and keeps me entertained because watching General Hospital lately leaves me reeling and wanting to slap someone upside the head....*coughElizabethWebbercough* and let me tell you, I never knew a show could get me so riled up and frustrated LOL

Anyway, just because I'm sick doesn't mean you won't get a Slow Cooking Thursday, so you might as well be ready to jump right on in with your yummy recipes. I'll have mine up early morning to give you plenty of time to join in.

BTW, I haven't had a chance to check my email, so if anyone sent anything, you'll have to be patient with me ok??? I WILL get to it sometime this week, if not tomorrow then on friday.

I'm leaving you with some new pictures of my kiddos. They insisted on taking them this morning, and with cute faces like these, how can I say no???

God Bless everyone, have a great night and I'll see you tomorrow.


2 comments:

Barb said...

Uh oh. Sick again. You poor thing. This is what, the fourth time so far this winter? The milk with whiskey in it sounds completely disgusting but if it works, well....

So Jasmine's the only one who's escaped it this time, huh?

Your kids are so cute! And I love the little collage you made out of the photos.

Hope you get over this one soon. I know you're way too busy to deal with another cold.

Jen said...

We are batteling the viruses over and over again....sometimes I stress from it.....