Friday, October 06, 2006

IT'S A BETTER DAY!!!

Thank you all for the wonderful comments you left, it means the world to me and the family. It's always great knowing that there are others out there who understand what we're going through.

It's amazing how much a pet becomes part of the family. You don't really think too much about it until they're gone.

The little things are what get to me, the fact that I can't open the back door every morning and see her come running, wagging her tail just happy to see us, or not having her eagerly waiting for her Milk Bone Treat (she loved those).
So yesterday morning, I opened the back door and was not prepared for her not being there, so I had a bit of a breakdown, cried and cried, but it's a lot better now.

We're slowly getting used to the idea of not having her and I do thank God that she passed away before hubby left. It would have broken his heart if he was already gone when it happened. So you see there's always a positive to everything, you just have to look for it.

So we're getting ready for hubby to leave this weekend, and granted it's only for about 2 weeks, it's always hard seeing them go. You never quite get used to the constant TDY's and deployments in the military...you would have thought after 8 years of this it would be easier for me, but it really is not. There's nothing quite like having your husband with you everyday!!!

I have a couple things I need him to help me with before he leaves, and I really want him to take a look at my car and make sure everything is running fine. You have no idea how things break or stop working when he goes somewhere. It's actually become a joke between us!!!

We have nothing planned for today. The kids have had yesterday and today off of school, so we've been enjoying sleeping in and just hanging out. With the rain outside, it's just perfect for watching movies, cuddling on the couch and eating popcorn. Though the sibling rivalry is at it's peak....I swear these kids love each other to death but they can't go 30 minutes without screaming or yelling at each other, or fighting over a toy or the what to watch on the tv. Amazing!

With this weather, I've been enjoying my crockpot, and speaking of it, thank you to all who continue to play along every thursday. I'm slowly getting a wonderful collection of slow cooker recipes thanks to all of you :)

I've also met new wonderful blogging people. So I thought that I would mention them here so that you can all go over and say hi, that is if you've never met them.



This Mom's Life - Jill is a mom of four and she's only been blogging since September. I've enjoyed going back and reading her posts, boy was I happy to know that she loves books too :)

Shady Hill House - Emily has also just recently started blogging, in August to be exact. She's a Christian mom who is expecting her third child. Go on over and say hi if you have a chance.

Urban Christian Gal - Mrs K. is also new to blogging, just started this week. She brings a new perspective into blogging, the one from someone living an urban lifestyle in what she calls "cement city" LOL

Well I'm off to my food blog, need to post tonight's dinner recipe and also get my Five Ingredients Friday post up. If you're interested in joining, just go over to Overwhelmed with Joy for a list of other participants sharing recipes that are 5 ingredients or less.

Hope you're all having a wonderful Friday, I'll see you all back here tomorrow morning :)


whatcooking


I mentioned that I'm using my crockpot alot this week, so today is no exception. It already smells wonderful in the house, we're having Slow-Cooked Sirloin.




whatwatching

Rachael Ray - *New* The CW 12pm

General Hospital - *New* ABC 1pm
Ghost Whisperer - *New* CBS 7pm
Nanny 911 - *New* Fox 8pm
Most Haunted - *New* Travel Channel 10pm



whatdoing



Cleaning
Laundry

12 comments:

BlondeBrony said...

I'm glad to hear that things are a bit better today. You're right about how much pets mean to a family. I mean it stands to reason, spell dog backwards and you get unconditional love. (Sorry I hope that didn't make you cry).

My prayers and thoughts will stay with your family.

Beck said...

I'm sorry about your dog - that's so sad. But it was a blessing that it happened while your husband was still home!
Have a good weekend.

Beck said...

I'm sorry about your dog - that's so sad. But it was a blessing that it happened while your husband was still home!

Jill said...

Well, thank you! I have enjoyed reading your archives (I am still reading them, little by little, as a matter of fact!)

I LOVE Rachael Ray's new show! And Nanny 911 is a big favorite of mine, too!

I hope your all doing better today.

Barb said...

It's also a blessing that your children had a couple of days off from school when this happened. They'll need a little time to get used to it, just like you, of course. Rob and I were so sad when Chloe died we were miserable. I cried off and on at the least little thing, for days and days. Finally we knew the only way to get over it was to get a puppy. After having a very, very sick dog for the last three years of her life, getting a 16-ounce 6-week-old shih tzu puppy make it all better. Never going to stop missing Chloe but Chelsea sure took the edge off losing her.

I'm glad you're doing better. Just give yourself some time.

I really want to get back into your slow cooking Thursday. I simply MUST figure out how to write recipes for things I make in my crockpot.

Christina said...

My kids love each other too, but like yours have many moments of sibling rivalry. It's like being married. I love my hubby, but sometimes I want to strangle him. I just think when people are so close they can sometimes get on each others nerves. My kids who are now 23 and 21 fought all the time until somewhere in their teens. It seemed like overnight they became close and to this day talk on the phone all the time. They don't live near each other, but my son is flying out to see his sister on Oct. 28. So it all works out in the end.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your dog, and my thoughts will be with you while your husband is gone! I just stopped by and was struck by the fact that we watch the same shows, lol.

Michelle said...

Glad to hear that you're starting to feel a little better; you're right about finding the positives and that your hubby was still home when it happened.

Sorry I missed the slow cooker Thur recipe exhange yesterday!

Mike said...

Always great to read somebody's having a better day. Here's to a better, better day tomorrow.

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Theresa said...

Oh the loss of a pet, oh the pain. I'll be saying a prayer for you tonight. But, glad to hear you're having a better day.

Oh, and your TV line up is great (especially since it starts with RR!) Hubby just bought me 'Rachel Ray's Open House Cookbook'. I can't wait to get back on my feet again and try out some new recipes!

on the Rock said...

My parents went through the same thing a couple weeks ago. It was so painful... The pets become so special to us.

mom of 2 said...

So glad you are feeling better!! That was the hardest part when our dog passed away was just those empty spots where he used to always be...it does get easier though!! Hope you have a great weekend!!