Thursday, September 21, 2006

SLOW COOKING THURSDAY!!!




With fall just around the corner and so many wonderful recipes being shared, constantly, amongst the blogging ladies....I thought that it would be neat to have a feature every
thursday, just for crockpot recipes.

What do you think??? You have some great recipes to share, or perhaps you're looking for some delicious ones to give you a reason to pull out the ol' crockpot???
Well it's thursday ladies and you know what that means. Time to pull out those crockpots and put them to good use.


If you want to join in, just grab the banner and add your name to Mr Linky :)
I'm all ready to go, and I can't wait to see all the great recipes today, I even have a new folder for them.




SLOW COOKER ENCHILADAS

1 pound ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 can (16 ounces) pinto or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded monterey jack cheese
6 flour tortillas (6 or 7 inches)

In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper until beef is browned and vegetables are tender; drain.

Add the next eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.

Combine cheeses. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer about 3/4 cup beef mixture, one tortilla and about 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers.

Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or until heated through.

Yield: 4 servings




15 comments:

Susanne said...

Hi Sandra: Do you have the code for the banner? I need to have it in jpeg format to just grab it. And I don't know how to convert it to jpeg from the format you have it in. You can find my email at my site. Thanks

Susanne said...

Well I don't know what I did but I did get it to work. So there ya go thanks anyway, Sandra!

Barb said...

This enchilada recipe sounds (and looks) really good. This is going to be a great way to get lots of new crockpot recipes. Thanks for starting this, Sandra.

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Mmmm that looks like a great potluck dish too!

Jen said...

Your enchiladas look great...I'm meal planning for the next 2 weeks and just changed it to this......I'm headed for the grocery.
Jen

Karen said...

looks great! I'll try it soon, maybe tonight.

Kelli said...

What a great idea! I was just talking to my sister about getting out the crockpot. Mine is 12+ years old and doesn't seem to be working as well so I'm going to treat myself to a "October is here" present and buy a new one next month. ;0)
Looking foward to seeing all the recipes. I'll post one next Thursday!
Kelli

Eagles Wings said...

Yummy, thanks for starting another recipe share blog...I am part of a five ingredient friday at overwhelmed. but couldn't share my favorite recipe...
The Enchilada recipe looks great. although I just had enchilada's for dinner last night so will have to wait a while to cook this one.
Thanks again for having this link!
Blessings

Amanda said...

Wow! The enchilada look yummy!

What a great idea for a weekly theme. I've posted my recipe for Creamy Italian Chicken and Rice.

Overwhelmed! said...

Okay, I'm a bit slow. I'm just now noticing this Thursday recipe exchange that you've got going on here! I'll start participating next Thursday, okay? I'm at work now and can't get to my favorite slow cooker recipes.

I hope you don't mind me giving you this heads up. On Monday, 10/2, I'm doing a one-timeHoliday Cooking, Blogger Style recipe exchange. I do hope you'll participate. :)

Beck said...

That sounds GREAT, Sandra!

Amanda said...

There are some really good looking recipes on here. Amanda

Michelle said...

Oh an enchilada recipe! This sounds like a yummy way to make enchiladas! Thanks!

GiBee said...

Yum, yum, YUM!

GiBee said...

WOW!!! I finally got a comment accepted at your blog! I'm so excited! Thanks for fixing it!