Monday, August 28, 2006

Well one is finished!!!


I managed to get both of the pillows candlewick done, but didn't have enough time to sew them, ended up with just one finished. I'm thrilled with the outcome though and I love it on my bed. Hopefully I'll get some time later today to sew up the second pillow.

Doesn't it look just pretty??? I tried to incorporate a little bit of color to it, instead of leaving it all white on white. I'm happy with the results and now I can't wait to make more.



My next project, after my pillow??? THESE....aren't they just the most adorable notebooks?
I've been following Tania's work for a while, she's just so crafty and hey, the fact that she's Portuguese and living in Lisbon, that's just the icing on the cake for me :)

Well come on in, don't sit out there in the cool morning air. I don't have Maple Pecan Coffee to offer you, but I do have Irish Cream and it's equally delicious, so you're welcome to a cup or two, heck I'll even let you have three if you wish.

I can tell it's going to be one of those days. You know the ones, the minute something happens you realize that it's just the beginning of the snowball effect.

So every morning, I get up at 5:30am to spend some time with hubby before he heads out to work. It's something I've grown used to and really enjoy. After he leaves I still have an hour before the kids are up, so I use it to do my devotionals, read a bit, start my laundry and breakfast and then do my blog without interruptions.

Hubby had just stepped out the door when I heard a voice upstairs. "Mommy, mommy, I'm scared of being up here alone". It was Nicholas. Seems that Lola the pug went up there to wake him up. So now he is on the couch downstairs with me, barking orders, like a drill sergeant "I want to watch TV, turn it on"..."I want my milk"..."I'm cold get me a blanket"...OK he DID use Please after all those, but it felt like I was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off (maybe not the best visual first thing in the morning). So we'll see how the rest of the day goes, he seems to be in a crabby mood!

Summer is almost over for us, the weather has become nippy and we're lucky to get above 80 degrees during the day, it's cloudy and some would say dreary, but I for one am thrilled. It means Fall is just around the corner and I'm itching to bring out all my autumn decorations and make some new ones too.

Since I'm thinking about Fall, the change of season and the new colors and smells it brings with it....I decided to end my post with a sort of meme. Hey consider yourselves tagged, I would love to see what everyone comes up with.

It's fun to see life this way:

Sight:



My newest inspiration for a project
My sewing vintage fabrics, library book
A picture that the kids drew for me
The pugs playing in the living room
The country woman magazine sitting on my desk

Taste:

Irish cream coffee
Toast with butter and strawberry jelly
Shepperd's Pie for dinner
Coconut macaroon sitting on my computer desk
Diet Pepsi

Touch:



Turning the pages on my new book
Running my fingers over hubby's hair
The feel of my kids faces
Crumbs falling off my toast
My car keys dangling in my hand

Smell:



Lavender and rosemary from the garden
Clean laundry fresh out of the dryer
Garlic and onion frying on the stove
Freshly mowed lawns
The Air just before a storm

Hear:


Nicholas playing with Lola
The door opening when hubby gets home from work
Baby birds in my backyard
Washer running a load of laundry
THIS music playing while I work on the computer

Wasn't that fun? I really did enjoy thinking of every sense and what I was seeing and hearing etc....like I said above, I'm not tagging anyone specifically because I know there's tons of memes going around and not everyone likes doing them. But if you do try it, let me know so I can go see it OK???

And with that I have to leave, it's time to get the kids up and ready for school. I hope you all have a wonderful day :)

6 comments:

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Hope this works :)

The World According to Julie: A Different Kind Of Meme


Love love love your sheets btw!!!

Those pillows you made look gorgeous!
You're very talented indeed!

Christina said...

I'll definately take you up on the coffee. Your pillow looks awesome on your bed. It's so inviting. You sure do have a knack for decorating. You also have a knack for crafting. It's funny because most of my friends are good at crafting and even though I love crafts, like I said before, I am not all that artistically inclined.
PS I will try the meme but will post later since I need to go take the kiddos to school.

Christina said...

PS NIcholas is adorable.

Michelle said...

The pillow turned out great! You should be so pleased with yourself for how well it looks on your bed :)

Those notebook covers look neat!

Jen said...

I enjoyed this and love what Nicholas said this morning...very cute.
Jen

Kelli said...

The pillows are beautiful!!!!!

Kelli