Tuesday, August 22, 2006

TACKLE IT TUESDAY!!! August 22nd



Another tuesday, which means that I should have tackled something.....but did I????

Well actually, with me not feeling well this past week, I did tend to let some things around the house, just slip. I wasn't as "on top" of things, as I usually am. So when I got up this morning, I realized that I didn't have a project tackled for this feature, but then just one look at my kitchen and I thought, Ummm....well, this is something to tackle this morning.

So here we go, I tackled my kitchen and my laundry, yep, got both of them done.....so now it's just barely 9am and they're both done :)

Here are my laundry baskets full and waiting to be washed:


And here is the clean laundry, folded and waiting to be ironed (yes I love ironing lol)



While the clothes were washing and drying, I set out to clean my kitchen. Now I'm really weird about leaving dishes in my sink overnight....I DON'T like doing it AT ALL. Wish you could hear the tone in my voice to understand just how much I detest it LOL
But last night, I fixed dinner and dessert, and ended up with a full load that went in the dishwasher and then some items that couldn't fit......but they were rinsed out, just overfilling the sink until the morning.

So this is what I was faced with this morning:



Not a pretty sight, in fact, enough to make me just want to go back to bed. But I set out to clean it all, and I did...so now I have THIS:


There ya have it, that was my "Tackle it Tuesday" contribution. You know I have to say that if Janice hadn't come up with this feature, my house would probably be in chaos at times....I try to keep it clean but there are days that I just "leave it for tomorrow"...you understand right??
But now, I feel that I HAVE to make a good impression, so I actually get up and DO IT.....thank you Janice :)

Go on over to 5 Minutes for Mom if you want to participate and if not, then you can just go and take a peek at all the projects being tackled today :)
Who knows, it may inspire you to get up off the couch and do it yourself :)

6 comments:

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

ARE YOU NUTS? You love to Iron?!?!?!?! OK someone needs to make a visit to my house! I have two pair of summer pants I have not worn in WEEKS because they need to be ironed first, and I HATE doing it! LOL...that's wonderful great work!!!

Jodi said...

You were a busy momma today!! Looks good!

Happy Tuesday!

Michelle said...

I'm like you when it comes to leaving dishes in the sink! They have to be done after breakfast, lunch and dinner! LOL

Anonymous said...

Wow! Kudos for getting that done by 9 a.m.!!

Anonymous said...

I have to say I am amazed how fast you got it done.
I have to say, I did my ironing this past weekend and it looks so good in my laundry room :)
Hope you are feeling better soon.

Christina said...

That looks great. I have to laugh though because your kitchen looks similar to mine. It seems that all military quarters have this similar lay out and also the cabinets are the same. Here in Hawaii the new housing is all built by the same company Actus Lease Lending and so the quarters on Hickam Air Force Base, Pearl Harbor Naval station, and Schofield Barracks plus Ft. Shafter Army housing, and don't forget us here on AMR Aliamanu Military Reservation (which is combined Army, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard housing) all look the same. How weird is that. I have friends whose husbands are in all the services and we all complain about the same things, especially the housing. Lets hope the new housing lives up to it's name. So far it's looking good.