Thursday, August 03, 2006

My sides hurt from laughing so much.......


See I told you yesterday that the minute I get together with my family or the in laws, we laugh and laugh until our sides hurt. We are just nutty, funny people and there's always bound to be someone saying or doing something silly (not even intentional) to make everyone else just break into laughter.

It's been wonderful having MIL and BIL here, what a blast!!! We play a lot of games, but I would say our favorite is Back Alley Bridge. The first time I actually played was when visiting my in laws in Oklahoma....it was my father in law's favorite game, something he had been playing since he was in the marines. I vividly remember sitting at the table with them and he asked me to be his partner (oh yeah, that's gonna be fun lol)....I tried to say no because I'd never played the game but he insisted and taught me how to play, but everytime I would pull out a card he would either give me a funny look or say "Why are you playing THAT?!?!?" and then start laughing LOL It was just hilarious but it's one of my fondest memories about dad :)

There's just one thing that I'm not used to, and that is the staying up late playing games or chatting, and everytime family comes to visit that is exactly what we do. I get so frustrated with myself because by 10pm I'm literally struggling to keep my eyes open and then I get into that delirious drunk like state of mind. You know the one right???? You're so tired and everything becomes funny, you even slurr you're words.....that's quite sad to think that the only way I get some sort of buzz is by staying up late LOL

We have nothing planned for today, just going to hang out again and have fun, but tomorrow we're heading to Twin Falls to see the Shoshone Falls and the Shoshone Ice Caves....the kids are excited just because they heard that there is a HUGE dinosaur statue thing outside the caves LOL Funny how such little things can get them excited huh?

I'll post the pics when we get back from the trip, right now we're heading out to the bowling alley, guess I should grab the camera for that too LOL

Thank you all for still visiting me even though I'm not here as much as before. :) Hope you're all having a wonderful thursday.....oh and I'll definitely be posting my 5 ingredients friday and my Everyday Things tomorrow :)

God Bless,

10 comments:

Beck said...

I'm so glad you're having fun! I can't imagine writing "I'm so glad my mother-in-law is visiting", though - you're a lucky woman to have such a nice one!

Becky said...

We have friends who come over and if we are just watching television and it's going on 2 a.m. I FALL ASLEEP on them!!! They've gotten a LITTLE better now that they have a baby but I can barely make it past 10 or 11 p.m. either.

mom of 2 said...

By 10pm I'm usually yawning on the couch and then I get in bed and start my prayers and halfway through I keep realizing I'm dozing off...so bad!!

I love playing games, too. My family always used to play dominoes. I have the best childhood memories of my grandfather playing dominoes.

Thanks for sharing your stories!!

Courtney said...

I love that. Staying up late, playing games & laughing till you pee your pants...lol! I'm so glad your having a good time. Don't you dare worry about not being around much. You enjoy your time with the family & can't wait to see those pics! Take care & love ya,
Court:)

LaughterThoughts said...

Stopped by and thought I'd drop a couple lines...:) How I LOVE laughing like that!!! Though, sadly, I think it's been quite a while. Stop by my blog and say hi sometime!

rena said...

Laughing till the tears come...or...for those with bladder conditions..something else..sorry...couldn't resist. I love getting together with loved ones, related or not, and laughing till it hurts!! There is no finer pleasure.

Thanks for sharing your good times.

Rena

Christina said...

Sounds like a blast. Keep enjoying your visit and I can't wait to see the cool pictures you get tomorrow.

MaR said...

so glad to hear you are having such a great time, enjoy it! I know the feeling, I am tired early because I get up early (I am a morning person anyways!)... Looking forward to your pics :)

Jen said...

I'm so happy you are having such a great time. I remember those days of no family. Enjoy..and smile.
Jen

Michelle said...

I am so glad that you are having so much fun with your family! Its great to have family around. Enjoy your time with the family. can't wait to see your pictures!