Saturday, August 05, 2006

I'm sick, and not of laundry....

the actual sick, cold, congested sick one. See I can't trust my body to handle something as simple as a trip to an ice cave, which by the way, has a normal temperature between 24 and 27 degrees, no matter how hot it is outside, it could be melting all around it, but that baby is going to stay a nice cool chilly temp.

So we go in there and we had to take coats (right there is a sight to see), yeah, it's over 100 degrees and everyone is walking around with coats on preparing to head into the cave. But anyway, going back to my story.....we went in the cave and it actually felt really good, I was enjoying the coolness inside after the oven we had come from. After we left the cave we get hit with this wave of heat, the kind that makes you want to drop to your knees and in an exagerated voice start chanting "Water, Water".

The minute we walked out I said to mom "boy I hope this doesn't mess up my sinus or make me sick". Well I might as well have invited the sinus and the cold to enter me, right there and then. I got home and had a bit of a sniffle, Jasmine on the other hand felt a little warm and was sooo congested that she had a hard time going to sleep.
This morning I woke up with a sinus headache, I've got the sniffles, I'm congested, and I'm sneezing every 5 minutes.....*sigh*. Oh well, what can we do, just get through it and be content in the fact that it was worth it right???

I took some medicine and then sat here at the computer trying to read some blogs but I think I only managed to visit the first 5 on my list before my eyes started hurting my nose....does that even make any sense?!?!?! Your eyes hurt and it hurts your sinus, there I think that explains it better (though I still don't understand it).
I went ahead and decided to go check out my Paperbackswap account since I had 3 credits available (3 books for free). This is what I got:

31 Days Toward Intimacy with God (31 Days Series)
Author: Joni Eareckson Tada

Brave Hearts Under Red Skies: Stories of Faith Under Fire
Author: Jeff O'Leary

Saved by the Light
Author: Paul Perry, Raymond A. Moody, Dannion Brinkley

I'm really looking forward to reading all 3, but I think the one by Col. O'Leary is the one I'm really eager to start on. We all know that God is at work in our lives and it's always amazing to hear stories of how he has intervened or guided us and kept us from harm. Well what Col. O'Leary has done, is write a book about powerful personal war stories from America's beginnings through September 11th. Being a military family, it's just something we're looking forward to reading.

Well I wish I could stay here longer, I do miss visiting everyone and blogging as I usually do, but we have family and since I don't feel well either, it's time to bid my goodbye, say my Adieu, you know, the whole Au Revoir, Adeus, Totsiens blah blah blah. LOL

I'm off to start our grill and have us a BBQ, and for dessert we have some Jelly Rolls, check out the recipe on my food blog if you wish :)

5 comments:

mom of 2 said...

Sorry you aren't feeling well! Hope you are feeing better very soon!!

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear you feel so miserable! Hope it clears up soon.

We had BBQ tonight too :)

Donnetta said...

Hope you begin feeling well! Just so you know... your post isn't showing up unless I scroll way down the page. Your side links are at the top and to the right of the screen... but I had to "search" for the post. I use explorer as a browser. Just thought you might be interested in knowing this.

Kate O'Brien said...

Sorry you aren't feeling well! I hope you feel better soon. Your book choices look great. Enjoy reading them!

Laura said...

Get better soon Sandra! Its no fun being sick when you have company. Laura