Friday, August 18, 2006

EVERYDAY THINGS!!! August 18th

"...For I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." Philippians 4:11


"If you want any one thing too much it's likely to disappoint. The healthy way is to learn to like the everyday things, like
soft beds and buttermilk..."-- Augustus McCrae-"Lonesome Dove"

I'm again playing along with Julie over at "Everyday Mommy", and her weekly feature,

designed to encourage all of us to embrace contentment and to appreciate the everyday things which we often take for granted.



The thing I'm most thankful for today, is my ability to be able to read. I'm a HUGE book lover, and my house is filled with books, cookbooks, fiction, biographies, christian or children's books. It's such a big part of our lives.

I can't even begin to imagine not being able to read, but yet it's something I think we take for granted everyday, but also something used every second of our lives, whether we're reading directions on a medicine bottle.......a letter from a loved one......a nighttime story to our children.....or even a receipt for something you buy at a store.

So I'm embracing the written word, and I'm truly thankful that I can enjoy the Bible or another book without needing someone to help me with it.

What are YOU embracing today? If you want to play along, come on and hop on over to Julie's blog, add your name to the list or perhaps just read all the "everyday things" being shared by other bloggers :)

7 comments:

Hen Jen said...

Sandra,

wow- I haven't given that much thought. I love to read too. I am going on a trip next week and I am looking forward to all that quiet time to dive into several books. This is my first time visiting your blog, it is beautiful! Have a blessed week,
Jenny in Ca

Christina said...

I definately agree with this post. reading and books are something I will always be grateful for.

Susanne said...

I am so with you! I loooove to read and can't imagine a life without books!

Glass Half Full said...

Although I am not a big reader, I always enjoy the morning paper and magazines. Thanks for sharing! :)

Michelle said...

What a great thing to be thankful for! I think sometimes we take the "little" things like this for granted - and it's not really a little thing at all, but I think you know what I mean :)

Beckyb said...

Wow - I totally agree - Books have got to be one of the best inventions ever!!!! (Printed word for that matter!!) What a great thing to stop and appreciate - and that from a librarian!!! :)

Barb said...

What an excellent thing to appreciate. My life would be so drab without books. Everyone in my family gave me gift cards to Borders today except Bev. She sent me two wonderful Christmas ornament craft books and a gift card to Michaels. They all know, I'm completely addicted to books. I can't imagine not being able to read.