Saturday, August 12, 2006

ANNIVERSARY YEAH.......





Today is our anniversary and I would LOVE to say that we've been all lovey dovey, but for some reason we've been at each other's throats. LOL Is it a way to remind us that even though we fight we have managed to stick it out for the past 8 years?

Hubby and I have been married for 8 years and have been together for nine. It's been a blessing having him in my life, I'm not going to say that there haven't been ups and downs and fights, and screaming etc....but we do find our way back to each other and we work hard at staying together. After all, it's a MARRIAGE!!! When I think of the word marriage, I always think of carriage....maybe because it's a constant effort and struggle to keep it moving forward.

Curt is the type of father and husband that everyone wishes for. He's there when I need him, he makes me laugh until my sides hurt, he constantly asks me "what do you need me to do help you with?" and one minute he is the stern, strict father and the next he is acting like one of their best friends.....rolling around on the floor, playing tag, wrestling, jumping on the trampoline and acting goofy.

So Curt, I want you to know that even though it's been hard at times, I couldn't imagine doing this with anyone else. I love you with all my heart and I can't wait to butt heads again and keep going for another 80 years. LOL


With that said, what do you think of my new design? I know, I know, you're probably sick and tired of seeing me change it, but I get bored easily. I wanted something simple again and since my favorite color is pink, I thought this would be perfect.

Just this morning I was sitting here messing with the template and then got bored (HA! big surprise there), and decided to go browse through all the Blogger blogs. I just kept hitting Next Blog, on the navigation bar and I was surprised at the diversity of blogs, one minute I was in Sweden and then the next I was in Croatia, Brazil, Oklahoma, Georgia, Japan, New Zealand etc. It's just so much fun visiting all the different cultures and seeing their pictures, though I have to tell you some of them I really couldn't understand a single word posted.........I especially like the Asian ones that have just ????????? LOL

You're probably waiting for me to tell you what we're doing today. Would you be disappointed if I said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!?!?! We're just hanging out, and I know usually anniversaries are supposed to be celebrated with an intimate dinner, or an overnight stay at a cozy romantic hotel. I also could tell you that we don't like that kind of stuff, but I'd be lying and you would see right through me. The reason though is that, first, we don't have any family nearby to watch the kids while we whisk ourselves to some secret rendezvous (don't you just like how I make it sound all exciting lol)......the second reason would be that we don't put too much importance into things like that, the fact that we're still together and love each other, is enough for us, plus we are the kind of parents that love being with our children, so staying home with them is just fine with us :)

We do need to stop by the library....but I supposed showing up in a sexy dress and high heels would be looked down on??? And I guess bringing a bottle of champagne too would just be inapproriate??? Yeah, I thought so. Oh well, I tried LOL
They do say "It's the thought that counts" right?!?!?!

I was exhausted yesterday, I didn't realize that having family visiting could be so draining. This is the thing though, I didn't feel it when they were here, we had a blast, would stay up late playing games and laughing etc. Think my body was getting used to that routine, then they left and all of a sudden I was fighting to keep my eyes open.
I got into bed at 7 pm.......ahhhhhhh it felt heavenly, but then suddenly I wasn't tired anymore, I wanted to watch tv, so seeing as there was nothing interesting on, I popped in one of my Netflix movies "Victoria and Albert", the story of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert. I really enjoyed the movie, although I was quite annoyed to realize it's a 2 DVD movie and I had only the first part LOL

Well I'm being called upon, so I guess I better hop on out of here and go with the family. I'll be back later to take my Blog Drive, won't be my morning one, let's just call it the "Afternoon Blog Drive" today, shall we???

Have a wonderful saturday everyone,

8 comments:

Barb said...

I love the new look and I'm pretty impressed that you can just change everything whenever you want to. My hands shake when I get to close to my template. :-)

Happy anniversary. Sounds like you celebrate exactly the way we do. No fuss, just being together's good enough and even better if the kids are around. I'd much rather sit on the patio in my everyday clothes with a margarita than put on a little black dress and waste money on champagne. :-)

Looney Mom™ said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Family time is good too!

BTW, not to burst your bubble already, but you main blog part is all the way down to the bottom (IE, of course). Man, I hate these browsers.

Courtney said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
I LOVE your new look & was just thinking this morning Sandra hasn't changed her template in awhile...lol! Guess once again you were reading my mind! Hope your enjoying your special day:)

Love u,
Court

Beck said...

Happy anniversary to you! I've been married about 2 and a half weeks longer than you have, and I have to say that anniversaries are never great big fat deals at my house, either.
Great new look! I love it!

Christina said...

Happy Anniversary! I too believe being together in this world is a prize in itself. So many people can't seem to stick out the rough patches in marriage. Congratulate yourself for sticking it out and have a great anniversary. We don't get to do anything for our anniversary because usually my husband is somewhere else, I know you know how this goes being in the military. When he is home though we just enjoy being together. Have a nice day.

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary! Even though you're not doing anything "exciting" I hope that it's a wonderful one for you both. Congratulations!

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Melany aka Supermom said...

Hey, Happy anniversary