Tuesday, July 18, 2006

TREASURE TUESDAY!!!



Today's treasure is one that I'm lucky to be able to use everyday in my kitchen.

I'm talking about potholders, but not just any potholders. These ones:



The reason why they are so special to me is because my grandmother made them. She loves crocheting and was always making cute little crochet things, winter socks, baby sweaters etc, but she was best known for these adorable potholders that she made for the family and even sold them at a store in Portugal.

Unfortunately she has really bad Osteoporosis and through the years her spine has gotten worse, she's at the point where she's getting a really bad curve in her back and the small things that she enjoyed doing are no longer possible to do.

When I was growing up I always admired the potholders and wanted to have them in my own kitchen, so when I got married she made me some (the ones above), and then a few years ago she made me another 2 which I have kept in their protective bags. It's just one of those treasures that will stay with me forever and eventually I'll be able to pass on to my daughter when she gets married.



These are my treasures. What are yours???
For a list of other participants, head on over to Faith's blog :)

5 comments:

Overwhelmed! said...

Beautiful pot holders and no wonder they're extra special! They were made with love. :)

I've posted a TT as well. Stop by and take a peek. :)

Beck said...

Those are so cute! What great treasures - and how excellent is that that you've saved two for your daughter?

Barb said...

You just can't place a value on some things. Something like this made with love by your grandmother is one of those things. Beautiful treasure.

Michelle said...

I wish I could crochet! What a grea treasure you have of your grandmother's and it's even more special that you have the other 2 safeguarded until you can pass them on to your own daughter...it could start a family tradition!

Christina said...

I truly love them. I have been forever trying to learn. You are so lucky to have these from your grandmother. I have a lot of stuff from mine too. My mom makes awesome quilts so I also save those.