Monday, July 03, 2006

There's a first for everything right????

Yesterday was my first time being pulled over by a policeman LOL Yes, you may not believe it, but it's true.

Come on in and sit down, I just ground a bunch of coffee and started my coffee pot....Today we're having "Foglifter"....I think it was invented for ME. Really!!! Most mornings I wake up and drag myself downstairs and everything is a FOG, hence the "Foglifter". LOL
See how I try to make myself seem important somehow, I'm even using coffee as an excuse :)

So anyway, back to my story. I went to get groceries and then on the way home, since it was lunch time, I decided to stop by Burger King for some burgers. I felt all proud of myself for thinking of doing that for the hubby and kids since they weren't expecting it, like a nice surprise for them.

Anyway, I'm driving down the street and I see a cop car behind me. I get to the stop street, turn left and he turns left with me, and at this point my mind is still going "OH, he must be going the same way I am". ( Oh Lord, PLEASE let it be that).
I then turn into the Burger King Drive-Thru and he turns with me and at this point my mind is still denying it "Oh look at that, he's going to grab some lunch too".
"Why is he turning on his lights?"......."Oh crud he's actually pulling me over, and RIGHT at the drive-thru, no fair, I'm hungry".
One of the great things of living on base is that there isn't much traffic around, so now it was me, stopped right by the order thingymajig, the cop behind me with his lights flashing and another cop car behind him with HIS lights flashing. WHAT THE?!?!?!?

He comes on over, and I'm ashamed to admit that my first thought was "Oh man, I hope I look ok" (Sandra you just got pulled over by the cop and you're worried about looking ok?)
So anyway, long story short.....my hubby installed a new radio system for me, and he was having problems running the cable down the right side to the back where the speakers were. Apparently he must have knocked something out, because my brake lights on the right side aren't working. I didn't get a ticket, I did however get a sort of ticket telling me to fix the problem within 72 hours.....AND he apologized for interrupting my lunch LOL
So there you have it, my first time being pulled over, at least I'm happy that it wasn't something I did while driving.

Last night I made Beef Curry. It wasn't the first time I've made it, but I don't do it very often because the kids don't like spicy food and my hubby always said how he loves it but that it's way too hot. I'm just used to eating it real spicy, back home you sniff through the Curry and have tears running down your face by the time you're done, although the tears could be of happiness because it's so good. I don't know!!!
However, we eat our curry with an assortment of toppings. You will always see sliced bananas, coconut and sliced green peppers. It may sound weird to some, but I kid you not, it's DELISCIOUS. I have NEVER seen my hubby and kids devour their curry and go back for seconds and thirds. I was shocked and I was also told by hubby that "from now on, THIS is how I want my curry". SIR YES SIR!!! LOL

I have to apologize for not visiting my usual blogs yesterday. After I posted my entry I went to get groceries etc. When I came back home and tried to get on the computer to read the blogs, my computer gave me the "Blue Screen of Death". You know the one right?
You're all happy smiling and looking forward to spending time with your computer and BAM!!!
Blue Screen, weird mumbo jumbo about wrong codes and missing files and whatever. I just wanted to cry, I think I did STOMP my feet like a toddler, but all that got me was a weird look from hubby!!!

I couldn't get back on the computer for the rest of the day, but my hubby being the sweetheart that he is, stayed up until 2am fixing my computer, and I'm proud to say that he DID. It's working again, so thank you honey :)

While the computer was not working, we went out to the BX. For a long time you've heard me complain about my carpets and having to track down the carpet cleaners from the Self Help on base. So yesterday my hubby and I saw a steam cleaner which we've been wanting to get for a while, and he said "today is the day, let's get it". We did and OH BOY does it work!!!

It's a Hoover Steam Vac Deep Cleaner, and we got it for $140 which is not bad at all. We came home, hubby put it together and then he cleaned the living room carpets. I think we actually fought about who got to try it out first, I really wanted to, but he's bigger than I am and I didn't want to mess with him. LOL I'm just kidding!!! I was fixing dinner so he got to play with it. My carpets look WONDERFUL. I'm serious, (I don't like endorsing products BUT) if you're looking for a good steam cleaner, this is the one to get. *end the endorsement bit*

I think this entry is turning into a long story book, so it's time to end it. Sadly, but I'm going to do it. I really do hope you're all having a wonderful long weekend and enjoying your Fourth of July. The smell of barbecues permeates the air around here, and there's nothing better than that is there?

I will be here tomorrow, bright and early (Nicholas wouldn't have it any other way). Again I promise to bring the coffee if you all will come on over for a cup :)
Have a beautiful blessed day,

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I can't believe he waited to pull you over until you were in the drive thru lane!

Ugh on the computer going out! I hate when that happens. My hubby works in Comm so whenever I have something wrong I plead to him to fix it ASAP LOL

Sounds like you got a great deal on the steam vac! Speaking of BXs - we just had a grand opening of our new BX on Fri - yay! It's "100% bigger than the old one" There's lots of aisles and room and a much bigger food court. In addition to Anthony's & Robin Hood (the only ones we had in the old one) we now have Charley's and Taco John and some expresso/Starbucks place. That's our excitement LOL

someone else said...

No fair! The least he could have done was wait until after lunch!

It never hurts to look good for the cop - he was a man, after all, and we know men appreciate good looking women, so I'd say score one for you! Glad you didn't get the ticket.

rena said...

Pulled you over in a drive through!? That's crazy. I had a scare like that last week. Made a left turn right behind a cop and on a yellow light. Don't ask where my head was at! I then scooted over 3 lanes to make the turn into the Christian bookstore I wanted, and the cop did too. But then he drove right by me, circled the parking lot and went out again.
And as for wondering if you look ok?? Yeah...me too...(would do that I mean)

Nicole said...

I can't believe that you've never been pulled over! That is insane! Not that I get pulled over alot, but I have before turning 30! Way to go. You need a prize for that one!

Love the Hoover Steam Cleaner. They are amazing!!

Glass Half Full said...

It is such a sinking feeling when you realize you're being pulled over. Oh that feeling when you're waiting for the police officer to approach the window!!!

AH - FOGLIFTER!! That's a good brand and even a better name!!!

Courtney said...

Can I see your license & registration....those words make me wanna puke! LoL!

Sandra said...

mommy@home - LOL loved your story about being pulled over. Hubby and I got pulled over once when I was 8 months pregnant and I all of a sudden needed to go to the bathroom. We were speeding down the freeway to get back home and we got pulled over. LOL Hubby blamed it on me and the cop just laughed LOL

michelle - LOL isn't it exciting when something new comes to the BX??? For the longest time, years actually, we only had Robin Hood, Popeyes Chicken and Anthony's Pizza....then a few months ago, they opened up a Taco Bell at the Food Court. You could have sworn it was like something major going on here, EVERYONE was there for the opening LOL

morning glory - Isn't it? He could have waited until I got my food, at least LOL He did apologize for interrupting my lunch LOL

mrs blythe - LOL I LOVE coffee, I can't function in the mornings without it. Going to go check your post LOL

mugwumpmom - LOL I swear it's enough to give you heart palpitations....it's like when they driving behind you, I always feel like that's when I start getting nervous and doing stupid things LOL

nicole - I'm proud of myself for never being pulled over LOL But like I said, guess there's a first for everything LOL

lori - I know, I think by the time he got to my window I was BEET RED. How embarassing. LOL Foglifter is sooooo good.....really does help you wake up LOL

emily - LOL yeah I do steam clean them a lot, but when you have cheap carpets, two kids and two dogs, it's necessary lol Oh man, I wish you could tolerate spicy food, it's soooo good :) Hugs :)

courtney - LOL here's the best, I gave him my licence and military ID (he asked for that too lol), and then I had the registration in my hand and kept looking for it, until he said "Isn't that it in your hand?" LOL I wanted to die!!!!