Saturday, July 22, 2006

Ooohhhhhh.......

I'm sitting here eating an Enormous Omelet Sandwich from Burger King. I had never tried them before, it's my first time, and let me tell you "IT'S GOOD". BUT, there's a down side to it, the enormous calories involved. Needless to say, my calorie limit for today has been enormously cut down LOL So much enormous talk, I'm actually feeling sick just saying it.

Thank you all for the great comments and insights on yesterday's post. The reason I brought up the whole psychic subject, is because I have mixed feelings when it comes to it.
I think my main skepticism comes from Psychics who tell you about your future or stuff in your lives, because that to me doesn't really prove that they "know stuff", how do I know that maybe they didn't talk to someone or find out stuff about my life from another source???

What's been confusing me is the fact that some people will flat out deny that there is any way to communicate or even acknowledge people who have passed on. I've had many encounters with it, I've seen things that I DON'T want to see, I've seen my greatgrandmother, I've seen shadows or mists, and have had things happen that I can't explain. Does that mean I'm delving into evil or that I'm somehow not a Christian anymore because I admit that it happened to me???

I think that is the only line that I draw when it comes to it. I am by no means psychic, but why do I seem to be the one seeing the ghosts or spirits or whatever? And most importantly, is it because God allows me to or because the devil is playing tricks on my mind?

You all had such wonderful opinions and views on the whole issue, I actually printed them all out so that I can read them again when I have more time and quiet away from the kids :)

Every saturday morning I go to Yard Sales. It's not that I have something specific in mind, and really I don't need anything else, but I find the whole process of driving there, getting out of the car and just browsing around....a lot of fun. There's always something that catches my eye, but I have to tell you that some Yard Sellers are a bit crazy with prices, you might as well just go to the store and buy it new. For the most part though, I've been lucky to find good things for great prices. Remember my Computer Armoire?

This morning I found this beautiful foot rest, ottoman thing that opens up for storage. I think what caught my eye about it is the pattern and design, I'm from Africa so it was something I really wanted. It was only $10, not bad.


Then right as I was leaving, I saw this candle. I'm obsessed with candles, all different shapes and sizes and different smells. My favorite smell though is Gardenia or anything crisp and clean, like Rainfall or Ocean Mist etc.
I told the lady the candle was beautiful and she said "Yes it is, I actually bought it in Ireland", well say no more, I grabbed it LOL I didn't care if it smelled like trash, just because now I can say I have a candle from Ireland, a place I've always wanted to visit. It was just $1, come on, who can pass that up huh?!?!?!

Isn't it beautiful too??? So there you have it, my Yard Sale finds for this Saturday.

Today we're taking it easy. Hubby and I decided to not do anything around the house or the yard, we will leave that for tomorrow. Usually I would be fighting nail and tooth to do it now, you know how it is, "I'll do it tomorrow", turns into the following week, and then the next and then next month etc. But I can't say I'm feeling that great today, I'm cramping (who knows why), and just want to lay on the couch or mess around on my computer.
What do you say we all do that huh??? Mommy's on Strike this saturday, everyone fend for themselves.

It reminds me of one time that......well before I go on let me just say that with hubby being military and working during the day, and me being the SAHM, I spend most of the time with the kids so it's normal that I would be used to their meals and snacks etc. Now keep that in mind.....I had an appointment somewhere (can't remember now), but as I was heading out the door, I told hubby to give the kids lunch to which he replied "what do they usually have? What do I give them?".
I was so annoyed at the time that I said "Oh I don't know, just throw them a piece of lettuce, that should work" LOL
He was not impressed, but I HAVE noticed that my kids LOVE it when daddy gives them breakfast, I mean who else would let them have popcorn, soda or cookies so early in the morning huh??? I love my husband to death, he just cracks me up, and all joking aside, he's a wonderful husband and daddy :)

Well it's time for me to get off here and go say hi to my fellow bloggers. What kinda friend would I be if I didn't drop by and say hello???

I posted my Saturday Surfing just below, so if you want some cool sites to check out or just want to know what my surfing activity has been like this past week, just go on and scroll down....hopefully some of my internet surfing proves handy to someone else :)

See ya tomorrow, and please stay out of the sun, it's way too hot out there.

13 comments:

Co(S)mic Gal said...

BEm...adoreiiii a velinha, é linda!
Quanto á sandes do Burger King..á coiss que fazem pior...tipo...2 sandes do Burguer king :P
Bjokax

mom of 2 said...

We like to go to garage sales, too. The kids love it too! You never know what treasures you'll find out there!

Christina said...

How come I never find cool stuff like this at yard sales. You must be good at it. My friend who used to live here would go with me and point out the stuff I seemed to miss, now that she's gone I miss a lot. I didn't comment on the psychic thing, but I too have mixed feelings. Every once in a while, even though I am a Christian, I get the urge to go to a psychic and I do. Of course then I feel guilty. I can't imagine either why God would give someone the gift and then not want them to use it. I can also see how some might use it for no good. Just my opinion.

Anonymous said...

I *loooove* garage sales! [Or, as they seem to be called out here in our area, "tag sales."] LOL! :) I always say to my husband that we should be getting *rid* of stuff instead of buying it, but ... there's just a thrill about finding unique and random things there. And amazing deals. Some people I know even go yard saling and then sell the items on eBay for a LOT more! It's now fun to look for kids' items at garage sales. I share your obsession! hehe :)

Laura said...

Well of course I have to say I just love your footstool...beautiful and practical...my favorite!!!!! I love that it is storage for you as well. Good find!! I missed garage saleing this morning as hubs was working dayshift and I didn't feel like hauling out three kids if you know what I mean..LOL.
Enjoy your day!

Courtney said...

Love the stuff from the yard sale. How weird is this...My sister has that same ottoman & thats not all...I to had the enormous omelet sandwich from BK this morning LoL! It was yummy but yep I thought about those calories all day! LoL!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I really enjoy reading your thoughts!! I have had my own "eerie" experiences of un-explained sorts (and I am a Christian- no doubt!)- maybe I'll email you about it sometime... also today I was just thinking how this summer I have not had the chance to just get out and go to yard sales! That is something I love to do, too! Love the stool you got- that is so cool!

Kate O'Brien said...

you are just too sweet posting that nice link to my blog below! Thanks!

That burger king omlette sandwich sounds delicious. Gotta try it.

I too, love garage sales. Love your finds. The ottoman is very pretty and the candle is cool. My husband's family is very irish- so we try to pass that famous irish pride onto them too!

Charla said...

Ok Sandra, I'm just jealous! I want that Ottoman! It would match my living room (palm trees) or my bedroom (wild life prints)! I never find cool stuff like that at yard sales around here! NOT FAIR!!!! LOL I've got to come out there yard salein'! :) I'm a candle nut too! Always have some burning in every room of my house (Well, except the kids rooms of course, that just wouldn't be good)! Great finds today! :)

((BIG HUGS))
Charla

Karyzma said...

Sandra,
I love your ottoman! That is so cute, and the fact that you can put stuff in it makes it even better. And, I am a candle lover too! The one you got is so pretty. I'd hate to burn it. lol. I'm glad you found such nice things for cheap!

Have a great weekend!
Mystik

Jen said...

SANDRA, WE HAVE ALOT IN COMMON..I HAVE SEEN UNEXPLAINED THINGS......EMAIL ME SOMETIME AND WE WILL TALK.
JEN

Michelle said...

You found a great deal yardsaling yesterday! Wow that ottoman is wonderful and I can see how you would have to have it with it's African theme on it. Great find!

rena said...

Great garage sale finds...you have a knack for it! The ottoman is lovely.
BTW...don't know if it's my computer or what, but I had to scroll way way down to get to your post.