Thursday, July 06, 2006

LOSING IS NO FUN!!!

Would it be ok for me to tell you all that I actually cried when Portugal lost? Or would that make me a crazy lady? Because if it does, then just scratch everything I said, but if it doesn't, then just know that I shed some tears. It was extremely sad to see them loose to France, especially in a game where they played so well, and France only won because of a Penalty kick (which I'm sorry to say was NO penalty), but whatever. I cried, I was sad, and then I got over it, I'm still Portuguese and I'm still extremely proud of the team for making it this far, and besides, there's always the next World Cup right???

Saturday we're up against Germany for the third place. That's going to be nerve wrecking as well, but not as bad. I don't care if they make third or fourth place, they made it this far and played extremely well. :)

I tried to get some cleaning done yesterday but I didn't achieve anything, I should have known THAT was going to happen. I did start cleaning and then at 11:30am I had a message pop up on my Skype. BTW if you don't have Skype and have family living overseas anywhere, you should get it, it's amazing. :)

Anyway, I had a message pop up from my brother in South Africa, he was currently making dinner and had his laptop in the kitchen. So we got to chat with voice and it was great hearing them and actually talking to my niece and nephew. Jasmine also got to talk to Dylan, and they're both so excited about playing together next year. That is the reason I didn't get my housework done, but it was worth it.

I haven't had a chance to go check out all the WFMW participants, but I will do that this morning. I always get the best tips from the ladies out there, some things I'm already doing but others are just those light bulb moments, the ones where you think "how did I not ever think of that???".

I'm having one of those Fat Days. You know the ones......nothing you wear feels comfortable, your stomach looks swollen, and that scale just keeps lying to you. I have a love-hate relationship with my bathroom scale, it likes playing tricks on me, like torturing me to see my reaction.
I get on the scale and it will throw out a number like 126lbs and I'm all excited (although the donuts I had for breakfast count for nothing right?), and then I look down and it says ERROR ERROR, and it keeps flashing it for what seems an eternity. I step off and step back on again and then it hits me with the 138lbs. WHAT?!?!?!? Where did the 126lbs?!?!?!? No, No, No, bring back the 126lbs, I didn't ask you for a second opinion!!!! Frustrating is all I can say!!!

I think I'm getting close to the point where I will say FORGET IT, and just eat what I want to eat without worrying about every bite and what it does to my thighs. It's very depressing living that way, it's like you're kept captive by food. Wouldn't it be great to just eat and not think about how many pounds you're adding on, or how much fat is in it???
If we could just live in a world where people would not constantly throw thin gorgeous people in our faces. Just accept everyone as they are and move on, stop trying to make us all believe we're not normal just because we don't weigh 110lbs, have long luscious wavy hair, beautiful blue or green eyes, and look like we've been starving for a year.

What kind of example are we setting for our children? Would we be pleased if they grew up to be just like us? Think about that, my kids try to copy me at times and it's not a pretty sight. It really makes me look at myself and the way I act. Here's an example:

Jasmine - Mommy can I have one of your Diet Cokes?
Me - Ummm, you have apple juice, Iced Tea and Juice pouches to pick from, why would you want a Diet Coke?
Jasmine - Because I want to loose weight!!!
Me - WHAT?!?!?!? You don't need to loose weight, you're 7 years old.
Jasmine - Oh, well that's what you always say when someone asks you why you're drinking Diet Coke.

See what I mean????? That may not seem so bad, but it makes you realize that kids are easily influenced to do and say things. I think we're all kids when it comes to certain things though, we want to copy the models and the movie stars. How about we concentrate on copying God??? Wouldn't that be a better model for us???

"Be imitators of God..." Ephesians 5:1
I know it's a tough thing to achieve, but I'm willing to give it a try, what do I have to loose???

I've added a few new links to my blogroll, if you get a chance be sure to drop by and say hi to these wonderful ladies.

Aurora - She's a mom to a toddler boy and I just love reading her posts.

Lori's Minute - Another wonderful SAHM to two kids.

Maremagnum - This wonderful lady is living in Barcelona, Spain. She always has the best pictures to share and since I've been to Spain before, it's great reliving some of those moments.

Shasher's Stories - Mother of four and together with her husband are the leaders of a church.

Show them through me - Wonderful blog by Annette, and truly inspiring.

This wonderful lady Emily, tagged me for these lists. I loved reading hers, always love learning more about my blog friends. :)
This is what she said in her blog:

Most days I cannot wait for time to pass - the day, the week, the month. But suddenly last night I was left again with an all-too familiar feeling, "Another day is over? What did I do today?" I get work done, but then I somehow just get pulled where other people want me, doing things I don't really want to do, and forgetting what I'm passionate about.


So here goes,

Things I Like to Do:

* Astronomy
* Cooking
* Go for Walks
* Read
* Sewing
* Eat out
* Camping
* Play computer games with hubby
* Graphic Design
* Shopping with family
* Play board games
* Decorate my house

What Would I like to do more of/learn to do?

* Learn to Swim
* Go Camping more
* Have more time for God
* Be part of a good Bible Study Group
* Astrophotography
* Learn to let God handle my problems
* Small road trips with hubby and kids

What Don't I Like to Do That's Taking Up Too Much Time?

* The constant need to have a perfect house
* Taking on too much everyday, I want to have more time to spend with the kids and hubby.

I love these lists because they make you think about what you're really doing in your life and how you can change it. Thank you Emily for tagging me, this was fun to do :)
I tag anyone else that reads my blog, go ahead and give it a try, you'll be amazed at the things that you spend too much time on.

And that's it for me, I have tons of blogs to go visit and then a lot of cleaning to do. Again, my coffee has gone cold so I'm going to make a quick run to the kitchen for some fresh, hot one.
See you all tomorrow!!!

8 comments:

Mama Duck said...

Wow, it's scary what they pick up on at such a young age. Excellent post, I love your blog design too!

Beck said...

Oh, I'm having a fat day, too - I put on some weight recently and I am NOT liking it. Good post!

Michelle said...

So sorry to hear about Portugal losing; and it's perfectly alright for you to cry!

I think that's a very valid reason not to have done all the things you had on your list...talking to a sibling overseas trumps housework every time!

rena said...

Of course you can shed a tear...you should have seen who all was crying in our household when Canada didn't even make it into the medal rounds in Olympic hockey. So, yeah, I can totally relate. And agree..losing on a questionable penalty??!! Uggh.

Anonymous said...

Dear Sandra, thanks a lot for linking me :). Sorry for the team's lost. Pinalty's always shocking.
Hihi..what Jasmine said to you made me think what will my boy say in the same situation :).

Overwhelmed! said...

Sandra, can you send me your email address to adoptive_mom_1@yahoo.com so that I can respond properly to the comments you leave on my blog? :)

Thanks!

RJ said...

Hi Sandra :o)

I hope you don't mind me adding you to my list .. I enjoy reading your blog.

Stay Blessed

Anonymous said...

Here's what I do on a fat day. If I feel like just eating because on that day it feels like I have lost the fight, I do just that. I know that in a day or two I'll be all over it and eating like that for a few days won't put too many pounds on yah. ANyway, that will motivate you to get moving to lose it again lol