Thursday, July 27, 2006

If here in the next few weeks you see me

at Typepad or Wordpress or whatever, don't say I didn't warn you. I have just about had it with Blogger and the constant glitches, it's just getting too frustrating for me.
I've been trying for the past 3 hours to get on here, so we'll see how long this lasts. I understand that it's free and really, right now I just can't afford to be paying for an online journal, but I think it's also unacceptable to expect people to just put up with anything just cause it's free.....that's not fair.

Alright, I'm done complaining, see I have no patience to complain or whine, it gets boring fast LOL
But let me just say that this is the reason there was no post yesterday, other than my WFMW which took an hour to get up.

It's crazy hot here today, the temperatures are just not dropping below 100 and usually by 10 am it's already in the 90's. You know what that has done for me??? It's made me lazy. Every time summer is about to begin, I make all these plans, I'm going to walk everyday, I'm going to take the kids to the park every morning....it will be so nice being outside.....and then just like clockwork, the same thing happens. It gets WAY too hot and I hide in the house, not wanting to go anywhere, not having the energy to even run to the store, and the beautiful tan I had just a month ago, is now slowly dissipating.
Oh well, nothing new right???

My mother and brother in law arrive on Tuesday morning, they're staying for two weeks and we're all so excited already. The kids ask me everyday "how many more days until Grandma and Uncle Chris get here?". Needless to say, I don't think they'll sleep much on monday night.
We have a few outings planned for when they're here, one of them is to Twin Falls which is about an hour from where we're stationed. We're going to the Ice Caves and the Shoshone Falls, no sense in going to one and then returning a few days later for the other right?

I'll be taking my camera along and then posting the pictures, so you'll all be coming along with us, in a sense. If you're anything like me, I love visiting new places and seeing the pictures.

Don't forget about The Tour of Homes tomorrow, hosted by Boomama. For details go here. I'm hoping to participate, but tomorrow I have my friend's kids over while they pack up their house to leave next week. I don't think I'll get on the computer much at all, so we'll see.
If you like seeing other people's houses, then this is just what you need. I admit, I have this little obsession with the way other houses look. At night if I'm driving anywhere, I'm constantly looking at the windows and looking inside......NO, I'm not a stalker or a peeping tom of any sorts, unless there is such a thing as a House Peeping Tom...then maybe I'm one???

I just love seeing how other people decorate their houses, I love all sorts of homes, victorian, contemporary, modern, you name it........though I do have a soft spot for old homes and especially Plantation Houses, they are just beautiful.

Can you just imagine living in one of these???

But anyway, enough about houses, I don't know even know how I got started on this.....oh wait, it was because of the Tour of Homes tomorrow LOL

While reading through Boomama's blog, I was once again reminded of Elise and Paul and when I read the post, I cried, yes I actually had tears running down my face because even though I had never met them, they sounded like the perfect love story, the kind of marriage and love that you wish for yourself and your children.

It also reminded me that although my husband and I may fight at times, and have our ups and downs, I really couldn't imagine my life without him. You know when you find your true love and you know when that person just completes every part of you. It's almost like an umbilical cord is formed, just that instead of a birth you get a marriage. We go everywhere together, we love being with the kids and each other and we love everything about our lives, we don't make decisions without the other one and we've often joked about "divorce not EVER being an option". LOL

We often say "as bad as things might get, you're stuck with me, so we either make this marriage work or we're going to be living miserably".....we laugh about it, and we both realize that even though it's said as a joke, it's the truth for us. The love we share is far too great to let it fall apart or to let it sit and become just a comfortable thing.

Anything that is left unattended for long, tends to just wither away, and the same can be said for marriages. You can't just get married and then FORGET about it. It doesn't work that way, if anything that is when the real struggles and work begins. Now don't go running off thinking that I'm saying marriage is too hard, it's NOT, and if you learn the biggest secret of a successful marriage, you'll be just fine. Want to know what it is???? COMMUNICATION!!!
When hubby and I first got married we talked about everything and anything, and then two years or so into the marriage we hit a wall....we stopped communication, we stopped saying exactly what was wrong or what we felt, but all that did was fester inside and lead to some of the nastiest fights we've ever had. So, we got back on track, it's tireing fighting all the time LOL

Again, I feel like I went off on a totally different direction of my initial thoughts, but anyway, you now know how I feel about my husband and about marriage.

I'm off to go do some housework, though my house is clean, I always like having it spotless before visitors come.....you understand don't you???

Hope you're all having a blessed day, stay out of the sun, grab a glass of iced tea and just relax for a bit, or do what I did, grab a glass, drop a few ice cubes in, fill it with coke and then add one or two slices of lemon. YUMMMMYYYY!!! It's so refreshing and really hits the spot.

11 comments:

Michelle said...

I know what you mean about blogger! I'm finally able to get around to "visit" the blogs today!

Ugh the summer heat too! I had every intention of continuing to walk every morning, but I just can't in that heat...and we feel like we're stuck inside all day because I certainly don't want to be sitting outiside in that heat!

Jen said...

I love reading your posts......I loved that plantation home....
jen

someone else said...

Those were great thoughts on marriage and communicating.

Can you even imagine living in such a place? I'd have so much fun exploring all the rooms and looking for hidden doorways.

Laura said...

Hello, I missed you yesterday! Isn't it funny how certain things become such a habit....whenever I read your posts I honestly feel like I'm sitting with you at your dining room table having coffee together...except I would be drinking tea..lol. Believe me when I say that you wouldn't want to be my neighbor....I am the nosiest of all....he he. I always have to know whats going on!

Beck said...

That's so funny - while I was reading your site, I got an email letting me know that I'd just had a comment from you! I like looking in people's houses at dusk, too - not to watch the people but to see how they decorate! And houses look so cozy at dusk.

Marci said...

Sandra, thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving that sweet note.

I just read your snack idea. That sounds like a good one. I would prefer the banana one though.

Enjoy these times with your children. Oh, they grow up way too fast. I wanted 12, but God has graciously allowed me 1. We are still hoping for more. My one is now 22. That is so hard to believe. He is a man. I look back in the photo albums and just weep. He was adopted, so I truly treasured him, but I see how much I took for granted. Love on those babies!!!!

mom of 2 said...

I like seeing other people's houses, too!! I also look for open windows at night...and no I'm not a stalker either...LOL

I'm also with you about marriage. It does take work, but all of the work is so worth it. We are true soulmates and best friends. I'm glad other people feel the same way we do!

Barb said...

Everyone's frustrated with blogger, Sandra. I agree with you -- it may be free but you'd think they could have fixed these problems by now. It's been going on for a week now and with Boo's tour tomorrow, everyone's going crazy trying to get their photos to upload. Thank goodness I did mine early but I'm on line with a gal in California, trying to tell her how to work with html code to get her photos up. It's infuriating.

I'm glad you have family coming. That's always a good way to focus your attention on the things that really matter. Stupid blogger!

:-)

Angie said...

It.is.so.stinkin.hot! Ugh! I hate these lazy days of summer type days. Although as much as I would love to just hang out and lounge (be lazy), I have been right out there in it!

I totally agree with the communication thing, oh man, so important! That is one thing that hubby and I really have to work on when he gets home. It is kinda hard to do that now!

Hope you have a cooler day tomorrow, stay inside, have a couple glasses of tea on me! *hugs*

Kelli said...

Hi Sandra, we haven't been getting anything done in this heat either so don't worry, it is not just you!! I can't wait for it to cool down! There is no way to go for a walk or the park. I always compare our summer to the winters up north...you stay in the house! LOL At least the heat doesn't last 6 months like the snow in some places!

I'll bet you are going to have lots of fun with your family coming into town. Soon your kids will be counting the hours. :0)

I love looking in homes too! There is one neighborhood here that we drive around at Christmas time, after dark. Almost every home has a spiral staircase covered with white lights and the decorations are all so magical! It always puts me in the Christmas spirit!

Kelli

Christina said...

You are a woman after my own heart. I am also a peeker. I love to walk around the crater here and look in peoples homes to see how they are decorating. My friend Monica and me used to do it all the time and she would say "look at what that lady did, I'm gonna steel that idea." I also love, love, love plantation homes. Or maybe it's the books I read. I always tell my husband I love the south. In fact when he first met me he thought I was from the South. I was from NJ, but spent a lot of years in Ok. and technically this is West, but more like South West. I kept some of the accent and it definately sounds Southern.