Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I know, I know, I sometimes complain

about the kids and them pulling their usual antics, misbehaving in stores, constantly fighting, and just not plain listening. But seriously, I would rather have all this and more than live a life without my babies. They are what keeps me grounded and sane (though they drive be bonkers at times).

We were heading out the door yesterday and I decided to get some pictures of them, they happily obliged, I guess they're used to the papparazzi coming at them with the camera. I'm just going to milk this for as long as I can, I know pretty soon they'll start shooing me away.



My beautiful babies, just look at those faces :)


This is my Princess Jasmine....you can tell by that look that she's a fiery red head and boy does she have the temper. 

 

Last but not least, my Prince Nicholas....the one full of witty and funny comments. He keeps us all laughing :)




Am I bragging too much??? I really don't want to bore you or even worse, scare you away from my blog. Just wanted to share their latest pics, I'm sure my family in South Africa is thrilled right now :)

It's extremely hot here today, the temperatures have been no lower than 100 the past few days and it's really getting on my nerves. How much heat can a person endure before loosing their marbles??? I must be pretty close, it's to the point where I don't want to leave the house at all, for anything, even milk. Is that a bad thing???

I have all that laundry to put away, you know the one mentioned in my Tackle it Tuesday post below. I've also been trying to redecorate a bit around the house. I don't have the money to pay for expensive things, I just use what I already have.....if you just take something from one room and use it in another, you'll be amazed at what a difference it makes.

The kids have been begging me to go play in the sprinkler out back, so I think it's time to get it set up and let them burn off some energy. Me, I'm going to get back to sewing Jasmine's dresses, like this ONE, and also work a little more on my embroidery. Should make for a great afternoon.....at tall glass of Iced Tea, some sewing and later I'll sit down to write some letters to the family back home, and I don't mean email, I mean pretty handwritten letters, pretty paper, pretty envelopes and the beauty of actual pen on paper. Nothing better than that is there???

May God bless you with a beautiful day,

15 comments:

Barb said...

A lot of us out here are wondering how on earth you got photos uploaded today. Errggghhhh.

Your kids are adorable. I used to make all my girls' clothes. Loved it.

Have you tried counted cross stitch? I've been doing it for years and years.

Nice, comfortable post. Have fun in those sprinklers!

Kate O'Brien said...

Your children are precious! You got some good shots.

We got a reprieve from the heat today as it rained! But the kids are going stir crazy.

Your afternoon sounded heavenly! Have fun!
And kudos to you for writing letters to your family - I still love to get a real letter in the mail from time to time. People have all but given up on real letters these days with cell phones and email.

Michelle said...

Hey your template is working for me now - yay! Meaning the posts are showing up at the top of the screen :)

Your kids are adorable!

mom of 2 said...

Your kids are adorable! I'm a fiery redhead myself...I always wanted a red head baby, but both of mine are little blondies! In our family the red hair skips a generation so maybe I'll get some redhead grandchildren.

rena said...

Your children are so cute. The fiery red hair with the brown eyes is an unusual combo..at least the eyes look brown to me.
My greatgrandmother made doilies by hand and sold them door to door to support 13 children, and all with polio! We have quite the doily collection in our family too.
Glad you got your tackle it Tuesday done...my tackle it Tuesday is always the same...get up, go to work, come home, make dinner, clean up, crash with a book. Tis a mundane life at times

Rena

Stacy said...

great pics! hey, just to let you know, you're post is all the way at the bottom. I had to scroll way down to see it. Maybe it's the new layout. It was fine the first day you changed it but now everything looks pushed down in IE.

Anonymous said...

You have precious children indeed.:)
As for the heat - well, I have not lost all my marbles yet after 15 years of 110+ summers *grin* - but quite a few lay my the waste side.:)

Anonymous said...

Ohh... your red head Princess is truly adorable!!! And congrats on the new look! I'm glad to be here again :)

Anonymous said...

Why would you think that sharing about your kids will scare anyone away from your blog? You kids are gorgeous. :) They are a part of you. I love hearing about them... seeing them

Jen said...

Loved the pictures....enjoy summer is almost over.
jen

Courtney said...

Great pictures!!! My kids drive me crazy sometimes but when it comes down to it. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Sandra said...

barb - well I know html so when blogger acts up I just post the pics using html code....actually I'm going to use that for my "works for me wednesday" tip today LOL

mommaobrienx7 - Aren't handwritten letters just the best? You're so right, a lot have given up just because of email and cellphones...it's sad.

michelle - I'm so glad the template is working right now LOL IE is a pain in the behind :)

mom of 2 - Thank you :) I'm hoping you get your redheaded grandchild :) They are temperamental though LOL

Rena - Actually she has green eyes but for some reason it looks brown to me in that picture heheheh

Stacy - Argghh, I can't win with Explorer. One minute it works fine and then it doesn't...sorry about that :)

Iris - LOL I'm slowly beginning to loose my marbles.....hope I hang in there for years to come lol

aurora - Hey, I missed seeing you on here :) Glad you're back :)

mrs blythe - LOL oh I know the feeling, my poor daughter is already suffering for it, my husband says she can go out with boys after she's married........HUH, defeats the purpose doesn't it? LOL

Janice - I'm so envying you right now, I can't stand this heat any longer LOL

mel - Thank you :) I love sharing their pics, makes my family back home happy to see them grow :)

Jen - Summer is almost over.....I can't believe how fast it went by :)

Court - Isn't it true? They really drive me insane but I can't imagine life without them :)

Laura said...

Hello! Great pictures. I too believe that by just moving something from one room to another or reusing an item in a new way is a great decorating/organizing tip that doesn't have to break the bank. Enjoy your day!

Christina said...

What cutie's! I love the photos so go ahead and brag and keep posting them. The red hair is so nice on your daughter. I always wanted red, but somehow the dye never looks as good as a natural red head.

Sam said...

Sandra, your children are BEAUTIFUL!!!!