Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Fourth of July!!!


I want to start by wishing everyone a wonderful Fourth of July!!! I may not be American but I appreciate the day and the country, and you can rest assured that today will mean more than barbecues and apple pie for my kids.....they will be told what this day is about and what it means to be an American.

There is no Tackle it Tuesday today, I'm ashamed to say that I really didn't have time to tackle any project, but I will have one for next week. You can however check out my Treasure Tuesday post below and look at the beautiful hand painted Ostrich Egg. :)

We're planning to have a nice BBQ at home, just for us. Will have some fun out back with the kids, let them jump on the trampoline or swing or whatever and then later head on inside for some soccer, I know, I know, you're probably tired of hearing me talk about it, BUT what can I say???
Today it's Germany vs Italy and then tomorrow I'm going to be a nervous wreck when I watch Portugal vs France. Talk about a nail biting game!!!!

I opened up my email program this morning, and was ecstatic to see an email from my SIL Lilian and one from my brother Bruno, with pics of my beautiful nieces and nephews. Aren't they just adorable??? I miss them sooooo much, can't wait to get there next summer :)

This is the baby of the family, Alyssa :) Just want to squeeze her :)


And this is Dylan and Taryn-Lee. Nothing like seeing all my babies to bring a huge smile to my face :)


Now tell me you wouldn't be rushing back home just to see these angels? :)

I finally got my menus up on my food blog and I've also posted a recipe for a Red, White and Blueberry Pie I'm making today, just perfect for the celebration. If you want a yummy dessert that will WOW everyone, but yet is so easy to make, be sure to go check it out.

I love celebrations but I HATE the added pounds. It's crazy, but this long weekend, I've found myself eating constantly, and not because I'm hungry, I doubt anyone is THAT hungry, ALL the time. I guess I'm one of those eat-out-of-boredom people, with a really cruddy metabolism. It grates on my nerves when I see people eat all sorts of stuff and still remain really thin, what's up with that?!?!?!? How unfair!!!
With me, food always tastes like MORE!!!

Know what I'm going to be doing today? Working on fixing my brake light in the car, then we have to take it to the Security Forces desk, and show them that it's working, they won't just believe us if we tell them. Not that I blame them, I mean, I could say it's fine and then drive around with it broken. BUT I wouldn't........ see I'm one of those kind of people that avoids doing anything wrong just for the fear of getting caught.

I was the geek in school who never skipped classes. All my friends would miss school or go smoke pot or drink, cheat during tests etc. Me???? I was the goody two shoes, always on time, never smoked pot, never tried drugs and the only drinking I did was after I graduated high school. AND here's something I don't tell many people.....are you ready for this???? *DRUMROLL* I was a virgin until I got married. Yep, 24 years old. Now you know a bit more about me, although maybe you didn't want to know, oh well, it's out there now. LOL

Well I better get going. Want to get the car fixed real quick, then bake my pie and get my meats marinated for the BBQ. I hope you're all having a WONDERFUL day, have tons of fun and don't do anything I wouldn't do...........ummm, well that would probably mean you would have an extremely boring day.

God Bless,

14 comments:

Shionge said...

Oh yes they are adorable and can't wait to hug and cuddle them :P

Be very excited over the Germans & Italy and shall see how they fought now.

Happy 4th July Sandra.

MaR said...

Your nephew and nieces are adorable!!! what cuties! Happy 4th to you too, I am not American either -- do you have a food blog? how wonderful, have to check that out. Happy soccer game tonight and tomorrow night. Cheering for Germany since my husband and son are Germans... and never thought the team would make it this far!! cheers!

Michelle said...

Happy 4th to you too! Sounds like you'll have a fun-filled family day ... have to go check out your recipes too! Your neices/nephew are too cute!

We are alike in so many ways ... I was the same way in school.

And I understand your enthusiasm over the World Cup. I'm that way with baseball and the "other" football! :)

Courtney said...

Happy 4th of July to you & your beautiful family! Hope you have a great day!!

Those pictures were awesome. So adorable!

rena said...

Cute, cute, cute. Enjoy your special day. Happy Birthday USA...and gooooooo Portugal!

Anonymous said...

New to your site - AWESOME. Stay at home moms rock! Greetings from South Africa... come visit soon or see you in 2010.
kirsten

someone else said...

Happy Fourth to you, too.

The pictures are darling!

Unknown said...

Happy 4th of July!

p.s. my hubby was 29 years old and a V... when we married, I was 24. It's not so rare just not talked about.

Karyzma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karyzma said...

Sandra,
Your family is beautiful!! I was watching the game today too. It was pretty nerve racking for me. LOL! My Hubby was a V as well, until we got engaged. (woops a daisies!) I hope your 4th was fabulous!!
Love,
Mystik

Chris Beason said...

Happy Independence Day! I'll have to check out the recipe for the pie and your angels our beautiful!! Dr. John sent me.

Anonymous said...

wowoowowowww... very cute kids!!!
And Happy 4th of July!!

Unknown said...

The kids are gorgeous, and I hope you had a wonderful Fouth of July!

Dr. John sent me!

Sandra said...

shionge - That game was just nerve wrecking for me LOL I can't believe Italy won though, and almost at the end.

mar - Thank you :) I'm sorry Germany lost, it was an intense game, lots of violence though, pushing and shoving etc. Not what I like to see in a footbal game.

Liz - Hope you guys had a wonderful day, how were the fireworks? :)

michelle - I hope you had a great day :) Let me know if you try the recipe, it's sooo good :)

courtney - Thanks :) Hope you had a beautiful day and I hope you were able to make it to the fireworks :)

mugwumpmom - Yay, I'm so excited for Portugal today :) HOpe you had a blessed day :)

Kirsten - Thank you for dropping by my blog. Love having someone from home drop by :) Do you have a blog of your own?

morning glory - Thank you :) Hope you and the family had a beautiful day :)

shash - Thanks for dropping by :) I've added you to my blogroll. You're so right, I don't think it's rare, but so many beautiful keep it hidden, maybe for fear of being made fun of, I don't know. :)

mystik - LOL I guess being a virgin isn't that rare huh? The game was so nerve wracking for me, boy I was on the edge of my seat the whole time :) Hope you had a wonderful day, and come back soon, I've missed you :)

annette burkett - Thank you for dropping by :) HOpe you and the family had a great day :) I'll have to thank Dr. John for sending you my way :)

Aurora - THanks for visiting, I've added you to my blogroll. Thank you, my babies are just adorable :)

Trish - We had a wonderful day, ate too much, but then that's nothing new LOL