Friday, July 21, 2006

EVER FEEL LIKE YOU'RE IN THE MIDDLE

of a roleplaying game or those MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role playing games lol), with banshees running around you???
No??? Well lucky you, because that's exactly what I felt like yesterday. It was like being transported from the game I play with my hubby online, DAOC.....to the middle of my living room surrounded by my kids.

What is it with young kids and ear piercing, blood curling screams??? You know the kind right??? You're standing there all happy and smiling, then all of a sudden, out of nowhere (unless there's an imaginary killer or a nuclear bomb that you're unaware of), it starts. It never really begins full force, it just builds up, from one scream to this series of continuous HIGH PITCHED ones. You look at their faces and they have HUGE grins. HOW?!?!?! How is that possible, to let out screams like that while smiling, the only time I've ever screamed like that is when a mouse ran over my foot, it was pure terror!!!

So last night for dinner, I made Bacalhau A Gomes de Sa, it's this really deliscious dish made with Cod Fish. I posted the recipe on my food blog, so you can go take a look if you wish :)
Isn't it amazing how eating a certain food can bring up a memory or make you feel like you're in a certain place or a certain time??? That is what happened yesterday, if I closed my eyes it was as if I was sitting back home, with all my family and especially my greatgrandmother, just enjoying the meal and lively conversation.

Reminds of when Curt first met my family. You all know that I'm portuguese and we tend to talk really loud. We could be telling you the weather and it would seem that we're mad or really upset about something. I guess we're just passionate about everything, no matter how big or small. So we're sitting there eating dinner, and dinners at my house always had no less than 12 or 13 people at one table. Everyone is eating and talking loudly and Curt turns to me and whispers in my ear "why is everyone fighting?" LOL
Oh my poor husband, if only you knew what you're getting into LOL

I have housework to do and I don't feel like it. Is that acceptable??? There's no housework police running around is there???

I love my life and I love my job as a mom, but there are days that I long for the times when I had no responsibility, just laying in bed and sleeping until I felt like it, not having to worry about dinner, or bills or my kids being bathed and ready for bed. But then I quickly realize that apart from that little bit of freedom, I really can't remember what my life was before my children. Yes we all want to just run away at times, and be alone, for me it's more of a "I need to catch my breath" kinda thing. Once that happens I'm ready to go again.

I don't think I could just become one of those lazy moms. It's not in me to be that way, I've learnt to be organized and on TOP of things. Do you know that if I sit on the couch to watch General Hospital, the whole time I'm watching it I'm having this mental struggle. "You're being lazy", "shouldn't you be doing laundry", "look the kitchen counters need to be wiped down". It's a sickness I tell you, and please don't think I'm a neat freak, I'm far from it. But I do struggle with allowing myself some downtime, some time to myself, to relax and not worry so much about the house.
Is there a place that offers treatment for the guilty mommy syndrome??? If so, point me in that direction will ya, I really need to go!!!!

I'm about to bring up a very controversial topic. That's just me, when there's nothing interesting going around, I just throw it on out there and watch LOL No, I'm just kidding, but I AM curious as to what you all think about psychics. Do you believe that some people have these special abilities to communicate with the other side? Do you think it's all evil and not to be trusted?
It's a subject that I've watched and read and researched because there seems to be such controversy around it, and very strong opinions on both sides. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground on it, it's either "IT'S PURE EVIL" or "I TOTALLY BELIEVE IT".
So what do you think???? Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on it.

And I did it again, I just took a sip of cold coffee.....and though I'm a coffee lover, unless it's specifically meant to be cold, like one of those Frappes, there's nothing nastier than a sip of coffee that has been sitting there while you blab away on your blog. SO, with that said, I'm going to grab some fresh hot one, then sitting back down to visit my blogger friends.

Oh, I have my Everyday Things post, just below, so be sure to check it out if you're interested :)

God Bless,

7 comments:

Laura said...

Hello! You know I never feel like doing housework either, organzing yes, housework no and boy is there a difference....LOL. I have added you to my sidebar...thanks for saying its okay.

someone else said...

You never fail to entertain me.

Don't worry about the guilty mommy syndrome thingy. You must refresh and renew yourself in order to have something good to offer to your family. You need to have times to call your own, so consider it treatment that benefits those you love.

Karyzma said...

Sandra,
Psychics...I believe that some people do have a gift of "seeing" things before they happen and whatnot, but I also truly believe that there are a lot of con artists out there claiming to see the future and whatever else. I know the Bible says that psychics are evil, but over Halloween I went to see one while I was waiting to go the haunted house...and it was so freaky how she knew the stuff about me that she said. I don't really know if I consider it evil or not, but I see it as a gift maybe? I don't tknow, the more I think about it, the more confused I get. It's strange that at times I'll have little pictures or "movies" pop into my head and it will happen shortly after. Like one time I for some strange reason saw a flash of light and then I saw a twenty dollar bill in my mind. About 30 minutes later my friend calls me up and tells me that he got a twenty dollar tip. THere's many more instances like it, but I'm just saying that I have never worshipped Satan in my life. I am true believer and follower of Christ, you can ask anyone I know. I think it's a special gift from God. :o)

Michelle said...

I have some friends who have children who have that scream you're talking about! Thankfully Kayla's doesn't reach that octave!

I'm actually in the middle about psychics - probably because I've never reallly experienced one myself! I tend to be more on the skeptical side, but I know a few people who have an experience going to see one and have been told interesting things...things the person couldn't have known. It's all very interesting I think.

Courtney said...

The psychic thing both scares me but interests me at the same time. I have had a few things happens over the past few years that are just too strange. Won't get into alot of details (too long) but I'll email you some stories. It's pretty freaky. LoL!

Oh, I'll email through my ccleveland address. Just wanted to let you know because I never use my other & I think at one point you said my emails were going to your junk mail LoL.

rena said...

I thoroughly enjoy reading about your days. You bring a smile to my heart everytime!

As for psychics? There is a big difference between a spirit filled Christian who has a "sense" of something in their OWN lives..that is the Holy Spirit prompting, or having a God given dream and vision. Yes, God still speaks that way, but it's always "one on one"...Him to you directly. Never through someone else. The only time we see God speaking through others to others was through His prophets "to the entire nation", and it was always an exhortation based in love, not fear.

However, pyschics who sell their wares to people, telling them about their lives and futures..that is an abnomination to God. King Saul went to a psychic and God was angry. Needing to know our future flys in the face of being called to live for today, in faith and trust. Needing to know our future comes from being rooted in fear. Jesus told us not to worry about tomorrow.

Todays psychic's allege to hear from spirit guides..I believe that they do...but they're listening to the wrong spirits..not the Holy Spirit, who is the only One that God sent to lead, guide, prompt, speak and comfort us. Acts 16:16 says there was a slave girl who "had a spirit of divination and brought her owners much gain by fortune telling". She followed Paul and Silas around "crying out, these men are servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to you the way of salvation". Sounds like she was actually doing a good thing, to God's glory, except that Paul knew it wasn't of God. Her so called "gift" had all the wrong fruit...it generated fear, chaos, confusion, greed, disorder, so Paul cast it out. Satan has a cheap counterfeit for everything that is truly of God. Where the Holy Spirit prompts us and speaks with a still small voice that does not mislead or lie, Satan uses familiar and demonic spirits to whisper lies mixed with just enough of the truth, to snare us. I've known people who go to psychics and get just enough info about their past ("but it was stuff they couldn't possibly know"...how often have we heard that?) which then convinces them that this person is gifted to tell them about their future, so they get bound up in it, and begin to live in fear. Has anyone considered that Satan knows our pasts and will whisper details to those who listen to him?? Of course he knows our pasts, that's how he keeps reminding of us of them to keep us in guilt!! But then these same people say "but the psychic was sooo right, so it must be from God". That is like saying "if it feels good, do it".

God has given us all a gift of discernment when He gave us Holy Spirit to live in our hearts. If we read and know His word, and listen to His voice, we will know enough of the "real stuff" not to get fooled by a counterfeit!!

Christina said...

I can't wait to read all of these comments. I have a little more to post. Weren't the profits in the Bible able to see the future and such? I'm not sure about all this because sometimes I don't want to know the answer. Anyway I do think people can talk to the dead. I do believe God allows us experiences like you've had and posted up top. I just don't know why he would allow good people to have exeriences like these and then condemn them. I doesn't make sence. How would anyone get inot Heaven? I know I might not. Anyway my curiosity always gets the best of me so I keep my mind open and then pray a lot about it.