Sunday, July 23, 2006

Boy what a day............

for the first time yesterday, both my kids did not get to bed before midnight. That's a huge thing for me.....I'm one of those moms that believes in sticking to a schedule, BUT I'm also the mom that let's them stay up late on friday and saturday nights.

Still, late usually does NOT mean midnight. They finally passed out and didn't get up until 9 am, which meant that I got to sleep in, oh in what's been months (mother's day actually now that I think about it). It felt so good to wobble out of bed at that time, but then panic strikes me. Oh NO, half the morning is gone. Yeah, all you late sleepers are probably pointing and laughing at the nutty one. What does she mean half the morning is gone??? I don't even get up before 11am. Lucky Lucky you!!!! LOL

Got up and did all my laundry, emptied the dishwasher, cleaned the living room and made breakfast, while hubby mowed the back and front yards and then steam cleaned my carpets. (Yes Emily, AGAIN lol). Maybe I'm just weird like that, but I can't go a week without cleaning mine, there's always a juice box or a popsicle that secretly make it into the living room and then leave nasty spots all over. And have you ever noticed that you have a certain area with all these tiny blobs on it??? It's like, what exactly caused it? A very little person, or some sort of snack that drips in a sprinkler like fashion??? I just don't get it, it's definitely going down in the Mommy's Book of Mysteries.

Spent the rest of the day just hanging out with the hubby and kids. They got to play outside in the sprinklers again.....No, no the hubby, the kids. Although I would have paid to watch him out there playing too LOL
I'm usually on a blogger first thing in the morning and then everything else later, routine, but today I drifted from it and you know what??? The sky didn't fall and the world didn't come to an end. Only thing I missed was reading all my favorite bloggers, but I'll leave that for the morning, it will be the perfect thing to go with my coffee.

Really don't have much left to say today, just been happy and content with everything around me, even the toys on the living room floor. I'm not freaking out or trying desperately to pick them all up. I'm just letting things be right now.
Ever felt that way??? It doesn't seem to happen very often with me, but when it does, it's this overwhelming sense of calmness and happiness. All the worries just slip away and nothing said or seen or heard could get me down. I could attribute that to maybe being in some sort of bubble right now, or I could be honest and realistic and give credit where credit is due. To the Lord, yes, it's Him showing me yet again that if I just stop.....stop the thinking, the worrying, the what if's.....life can be so joyful and so peaceful.

I'm going to relax and to continue enjoying this feeling, and if by tomorrow it's gone, well, then I'm just happy that I got to enjoy it today and will eagerly wait for the next big moment, sort of like a kid anticipating the next big ride at the fair....oh come on you know the feeling right??? Just can't wait for it to happen :)

Hope you are all having a beautiful night and I will see you here bright and early tomorrow morning, cup of coffee in hand and a huge smile on my face.

God Bless,

8 comments:

Courtney said...

Sounds like the old typical Sunday before this stinky deployment. I love those. I miss those but soon I guess huh?!?!

Courtney said...

Oh, didn't mean to end like that! LoL! Glad you had such a great day with your family. May you have many many more:)

Love,
Courtney

rena said...

The contentments that sort of sneak up on you and catch you by with pleasant surprise are the best types...means everything is well in your world and in your heart. Enjoy it! You deserve it.

Enjoy your Sunday evening.

Karyzma said...

Sandra:
I'm glad you got to sleep in and that you're having such a nice day. Have a wonderful week!

mom of 2 said...

I know what you mean about the spots on the carpet. We get them too and I can't figure them out. Between the kids and the dog our carpet has totally had it so I think we're about to get wood laminate floors downstairs...I'm sooooo excited!!

Sounds like you had a great day!

Jen said...

I think its good to have a day like that. It helps you to get out of routine and enjoy different things.....I'm glad you had a laid back day......Do it more often its good for our souls...
jen

Sandra said...

Courtney - LOL I know what you mean, I just hope that here soon, you and Matt and the kids can start having those again :) Love ya girl.

mugwumpmom - I just love the feeling of contentment, is there anything better than not having a single worry in the world? Wish everyone could feel it too :)

mystik - Thank you :) I'm hoping for a good week too, but in this house there's always surprises LOL

Janice - LOL well I guess 9 am is still early then LOL Hope you had a wonderful weekend :)

mom of 2 - I would DIE for wood floors, been wanting those forever LOL Be sure to post pics of yours once they're done, I want to see :)

Jen - It really does help to have a good day like that, it gives you the strength and motivation to face anything :)

Christina said...

Great post. I too steam clean my carpet on a weekly basis. I thought I was the only one. One time while living at Ft. Sill the carpet guy came in becaue everyone was getting new carpet, and he said lady you steam clean too much and the glue is coming off the foam backing. Do you think this stopped me? No way. I'm glad you are having some nice family time. I love the good days. God is good!