Friday, June 16, 2006

What is Ironing again?!?!?!?



Julie at Everyday Mommy, has this new weekly topic called "Everyday Things". This is what she said:
If you'd like to embrace contentment and learn to like the everyday things, why not participate by doing a post of your own? Grab the banner and leave your link.
I thought this was a great idea and since I had already posted about Ironing which is one of the everyday things that remind me of home, I thought I would make this post an "Everyday Thing" post.



You know that I've said before "Ironing" is one of my favorite things to do. But unfortunately throughout the years I've become so busy with kids and life in general that I try to go along with everyone else, doing the washing/drying and then folding and putting away. My iron kept collecting dust and let's face it, there's certain items of clothing that really DO need to be ironed.

For the most part you can get away without doing it, but I think you get to a point where you realize "You know, this is not how I was taught AND the clothes don't look or smell as good as when they're freshly ironed".

Another thing that I love but unfortunately don't do, is hanging the clothes out to dry. It's still done that way in South Africa, or at least the way my family still does it. Nothing more rewarding than washing your clothes, then stepping outside to hang them on the clothes line and letting the beautiful warm sun dry them.

But anyway, the reason for this post is that today I had two full baskets of laundry freshly washed. I decided it's "now or never". So I pulled out my iron and proceeded to get it all done. Within 30 minutes I had my laundry all neatly piled up, freshly ironed (boy do I love that smell) and ready to be put away. Just wanted to share that LOL

Here's some pics to prove it :)
The baskets before:



The process, look how happy I am just to be ironing LOL Kids thought it was funny so they took my picture.



And here is the laundry all done :)



14 comments:

Courtney said...

It takes so little for you Sandra. Thats why I love ya to death! That was too cute!

someone else said...

I'm impressed. I hate ironing!! Come do mine....please? pleeeease???

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, this post made me giggle AND weird out a little all at once. you are too cute.

Angie said...

You are cracking me up right now. I cannot stand to iron. And when I do have to do it, I do it about 30 minutes before church. If it has to be ironed I just don't buy it!
BUT...can you believe one of the jobs I did to make money after my hubby left was iron? Ugh! Glad that one is over! I will refer all of my "clients" to you! *grin*...*big*cheesy*grin*
You are so cute!

Kelly said...

I love to iron also. I love the smell of lavender water. Great ob.

Looney Mom™ said...

Your kids really took that picture? Hmmmm

This is how I iron: put the shirt on a hanger and hang it in the shower room when I take a shower OR spritz it with some water and toss into the dryer.

Yes, I'm lazy AND practical.

Anonymous said...

You go lady. Goes to show that you work hard. It is awesome to see at home mom's that actually work and take care of things. Then their are those that just stay at home.

Sandra said...

courtney - LOL I'm so used to housework that it usually doesn't take long....I just have to force myself to do it.

Janice - LOL I love ironing, one day I actually was in such an "ironing mood", that I ironed underwear LOL Talk about weird lol

morning glory - You know if I lived closer to you, I would come do it "NO PROBLEM" LOL

holymama - LOL that's me the cute weirdo lol

angie - lol 30 minutes before church huh? You know I could have two big baskets done in that time LOL

keltybug - OMG yeah, the smell of lavender water is amazing......so glad you like to iron too, I'm not the only one :) Thank you for dropping by, I'm going to go check out your blog :)

Liz - LOL yeah the kids did, or actually Jasmine the 7 year old did LOL Guess I'm passing on the papparazzi tricks to her LOL

faith - Thank you faith :) I do try to work hard, although there are days I do nothing LOL

someone else said...

Ok, Sandra, get in your car. You live 1 1/2 hours away from me!

Oh all right, I'll let you off the hook.

Charla said...

That's too funny Sandra! You always say just the right thing at the right time to cheer me up! And hey, don't worry about those who think it's nuts. As I always say: "Whatever floats your boat!" :) Take care hun and have fun ironing! LOL
Love ya,
Charla

Donnetta said...

Can you come to my house next? I've got more than a couple baskets you could tackle. Just think how happy you would be when you were done here?! :-)

rena said...

People still iron? Who knew.

Shionge said...

Wow! How impressive, you did well.

Hey Sandra! Just drop by to let you know that Portugal won 2-0 against Iran..hurray!

Beck said...

Ironing IS fun, isn't it? I don't actually (ahem) own an iron right now, but your post makes me want to fix that...