Tuesday, June 27, 2006

TACKLE IT TUESDAY!!!

You've heard me talk about how my computer desk is always needing organizing, and for some reason I just can't keep it clean. There's always papers, bills, coffee mugs, empty plates etc. I spend a lot of time on the computer, either working or blogging, or emailing or whatever, AND that's where hubby and I spend some hours playing "DAOC", which leads to endless snacks and drinks.

I think of my computer desk as my small home office/entertainment area/bank/cookbook archive etc. See, it serves many many purposes doesn't it?

So in my attempts to constantly keep my desk clean, I have been searching for a way to keep it mess free or at least keep it out of sight. This weekend while doing my usual Yard Sale hunting, I came across just what I needed. A Computer Armoire for $20.....still new and just what I had wanted.

I brought it home and worked on getting my computer area reorganized, gave my old computer desk to my daughter (she's all happy cause it's big, she has lots of room to play and do homework etc).

This is what it looked like before:

This is what it looks like now:


I think what I like the most is that when I'm done working, I just close the doors and walk away LOL

So what have you been tackling this tuesday???? If you joined in then go on over to
5 Minutes for Mom and add your name to the list, or check out the other participants.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I love your lastest yard sale find. What a wonderful deal. The desk looks great. I would love to be able to shut the door on my computer. My kids are on it all the time if I am not on it.

Mom2fur said...

You did a great job. I love that armoire--especially since you can close the doors and hide it all!

Unknown said...

Good job! I did my desk today too so stop by if you get a chance. I would love to be able to just hide my desk because it is a constant cleaning issue. That is a very neat piece you have there!

Anonymous said...

Oh.my.goodness. How cool is that!? Very, I might add. For $20 - that is incredible. Especially since it is new.
Awesome job !!!!

Kelly Lynch said...

Sweet...very nice! I have a roll top computer desk that needs to be tackled. It is nice that you can close it up. Good Job!