Sunday, June 11, 2006

Such a sad weekend!!!!

My heart is just in pieces this weekend. I've learnt of not only one but two soldiers killed in Iraq, so I ask that you send out a prayer to their families.

Faith from "Dedicated to the One I Love", mentioned another soldier killed. SFC Isaac Lawson from the 49th MP Brigade, left behind a wife and 5 children. Please keep his family in your prayers, and for more info you can go on over to Faith's site, she has a link to the story and a memorial video too.

I want to offer my condolences to both families.
God, we do not understand suffering, but we are grateful that You have promised to be with us in the midst of it. Let Your words be a comfort to these families in this time of tears.
'Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me.' In Jesus mighty name. Amen
So yesterday we went out and got Bella. She is just a sweetheart, she's very mild tempered and loving, she gets along with the kids and for the most part Lola. They've snipped at each other a couple of times, but I think that's normal since they're becoming acquainted and it's only been a day. I'm sure by the end of this week they will be the best of friends.
Here are some pictures of the new addition to the Pug family.





Isn't she just adorable? You can see which one is the puppy and which is the oldest one, Bella has the white whiskers :)
The kids are in heaven with both pugs, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Pugs are by far the best family pets to have.

Last night while laying in bed, I admit that I felt disappointed. I think that I was imagining these two pugs meeting each other and loving playing, becoming instant best friends. The minute the first one took a snip at each other I cringed. I realized that this was not going to be as easy and pretty as I thought. So I lay there and contemplated and thought and thought about it, I was almost convincing myself that I had done the wrong thing, maybe I shouldn't have gotten Bella, maybe this was a bad decision. But just as quickly, I had this sense of calm come over me, it was like God letting me know that it's ok.

Just like everything else that is worth it, it starts off not so pretty and mighty difficult at times.

Me: I guess this is yet again another one of the "leave it in your hands tests?"
God: That's right, and what are you going to do?
Me: I think I should just leave it in your hands, but what if I can't?
God: You know Sandra, after all this time I thought we were getting closer to you not freaking out and trusting me.
Me: It's not that I don't trust you, I just like being in control.
God: You just answered your own question, you don't trust me enough to take care of you. Do you honestly think that I would ever do anything to hurt you, your best interests are what matters to me, trust me, let me show you.
Me: Ok, Ok, I think I will!!!

You know what??? I put it in his hands, I am leaving all this in his hands and not even worrying about it. I got immediate results this time, within a few hours, both dogs were sleeping on the bed, together, with no fighting. This morning they walked up to each other, gave kisses, and went on with their lives. We did have a growl or two when they got in each other's face, but that's normal, and it showed me that God is indeed and YET AGAIN showing me to trust him. I have to believe that I'm not that dense to keep having to repeat these tests, but hey, guess I'm s slow learner. Best part?!?!? He doesn't give up on me, he just keeps loving me :)

This is going to be a real quiet week. I have no errands to run, no appointments and nowhere to take the kids. It's going to feel good just being home and relaxing, so I think I will take the time to catch up on my reading. I'm expecting a book this week called "Diapers, Pacifiers, and Other Holy Things."

•every mother who has cried out to God that she no longer has to time to spend with Him.
•every mother who needs to be reminded that she is valuable.
•every mother who wants to laugh or cry over the ups and downs of life with preschoolers.
•every mother who enjoys her children and responsibilities, but just needs a break.

Each of the thirty-one short chapters will tickle your funny bone or touch your heart, challenge your thinking, and inspire within you the need to walk more closely with your God.

Sounds like the PERFECT book for me LOL

Well it's time to go back out to the back yard, we are working on getting it all fixed since Sam left. Can't wait :)




3 comments:

someone else said...

Cute doggie.

You know, Sandra, maybe the dogs are like people. When people first meet they sort of circle each other, checking out the territory and then settling down and deciding to like each other. It sounds like they made it through those first impressions just fine.

Courtney said...

OMG! Bella is adorable! I think you'll have no problems. Eventually they will be great friends.
Thank you for mentioning the fallen soldiers. My heart goes put tp their familes.
Hope you had a great weekend:)
Love ya,
Court

Toni Anderson said...

So sad about the soldiers dying.

Love Bella. She looks like she's a real character!