Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Prayer Needed!!!!

I want to start this wednesday post by asking for a prayer for my 4 year old niece. I got an email from my stepmom this morning telling me that she was admitted to the hospital. Her tonsils are inflamed and she was constantly throwing up, so they thought it best to keep her. It's not the first time she's been in the hospital and I just pray that they can come up with a solution so that she will not need to continue having problems and being admitted. So I ask for a prayer for her please, just pray that God watch over her and that he give the doctors the wisdom and insight they need to resolve this.

This is the one thing about being so far from the family, that really gets to me. It's extremely frustrating to not be able to be there, to give her a hug, to offer support to my brother and sister in law. I know that God is watching over all of them, and again I need to just put it in his hands and trust that he will take care of her. I swear this has been one of the toughest lessons I've had to get through.

You all know the struggle it's been for me to hand things over to him and I feel like at least once a week I'm faced with a problem or worry that I need to put in his hands. I guess he's going to keep doing this until I finally learn to do it with no questions asked and no resistance on my part.

It's a funny thing to try, because as humans it's our nature to give it to him but then keep messing with it and picking at it, trying to get that control back. It's ridiculous to think that we would have to show Him HOW to deal with the problem....it's downright ludicrous. Who am I to think that I can tell Him how to do it???
Casting our cares is a choice. It means consciously handing over our anxiety to Christ and allowing Him to carry the weight of our problems. At times this is the most difficult part of trusting God. We don't like turning over the responsibility for our problems.
That's me to a tee!!! I've never been a quitter though, and I don't intend to stop trying now. I know that this will continue to be a big issue for me, but I am determined to continue trying until that day that I can just say "Lord, here is my problem, take it please", then walk away and NOT think about it again. THAT is what I look forward to and the day it happens, boy I'm throwing a huge party.

But anyway, moving on. We're expecting thunderstorms today so taking the kids to park is out of the question, we might go over to Veronica's house this afternoon for them to play, depends on how they are feeling, as of right now, they both seem to be a bit quiet which usually means they are not feeling too good. Must be something going around, I'm not feeling that great myself.

I was so happy yesterday, I went to get the mail and had an ARC (advanced readers copy) waiting for me. Lori Foster had sent me one of Murphy's Law, which doesn't come out until the end of August. I picked up the book, read the first page and was hooked, didn't put it down for the rest of the day. LOVED it, Lori Foster is just an amazingly talented writer and this book more than met my expectations. So if you love steamy romance books, be sure to get this one when it's released, or any of her other books, they're all wonderful.

And with that I'm out of here. Want to go refill my coffee cup and then go read all the WFMW participants before I have to head out for some errands :)
I hope you all have a beautiful wednesday!!!!

6 comments:

someone else said...

Prayer sent........

Courtney said...

I know it must be hard not being with family during hard times. We are going through that ourselves. Matts grandma was just told she had cancer basically all over her body. Matt of course can't be with her & it's killing him. His brother is in the Air Force in Oklahoma & to can not be with the family. It's so hard when there's nothing you can do but your doing the best thing. Praying & sending out request of prayer & your family is definately in mine!

Anonymous said...

It must be real hard for you to be away from family. HUGS> Why don't they remove his tonsils?

Sandra said...

morning glory - Thank you so much :)

Jaymi - Thank you for the prayer :) Hope you enjoy Lori Foster's books, they are steamy romances just to let you know LOL I didn't know about your prayer request page, will have to go look right now :) Hugs :)

courtney - I'm SO sorry to hear about Matt's Grandma, it's so hard to be away during hard times like this. You mentioned Matt's brother is in the Air Force and stationed in Oklahoma, is he at Altus AFB, cause my hubby's family lives in Lawton which is only like 50 miles from it :)

janice - Thank you so much :) It really is hard and I'm with you, it's been my greatest trial in life. I know the song is brutal but I just love it so much....it makes me cry everytime I hear it, it's a beautiful song, but don't worry cause today I'm changing them out again LOL

melany - It's really hard, I just want to be there with them :( I don't know why they don't just remove them, it's ridiculous.

rena said...

Your insight into letting it go over to God was excellent, and so right. I struggle with this as well, and have to keep reminding myself...either God really does cause everything to work together for the good of those who love Him, and are called according to His purpose, or we're all hooped. Sort of process of elimination to make it stick..I love God, His word says I'm called to Him, and I know I'm not hooped, so then it must be true that I can trust Him and His sovereignty. These little arguments seem to cement it in stronger each time.
Just wanted to say thankyou for stopping by mine, and I'll pop by for more visits for sure.
Blessings
Rena

Courtney said...

Matts brother is at Tinker AFB but just found out today that he got a huge promotion & they will be moving to Dayton Ohio. They will only be about 3 hours from us which is alot better than 19. So we are so happy about that! Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog. You are such a great friend:)
Court