Saturday, June 03, 2006

Love Romance Movies!!!!

One of my favorite things to do when the kids are asleep, is pop in a good chick lit movie. I've managed to drag hubby along at times and made him watch them with me, obviously not his favorite thing to do, but he does nevertheless because he knows how much I like them.

This past week I watched Spanglish, Pride and Prejudice and The Family Stone. LOVED Spanglish, although not the ending I was expecting. The Family Stone was not one I enjoyed, I found it annoying, maybe it just struck a nerve or something, I don't know, you will have to watch for yourself and let me know LOL

Now Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightley, I just loved. I'm a total sucker for Historical Romances and movies from that the Victorian era etc. Nothing like a movie like that to bring that warm fuzzy feeling right? I can't remember the name of the actor that plays Mr. Darcy....but he was so handsome in that role.

Today I'm heading out to pick up a couple more movies. Hopefully some more girly ones :)
So I gotta get moving so that I can be at the bowling alley at 2pm for Scottie's Birthday.

Will be back later with more :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very lucky that my dh loves chick flicks too :)

Courtney said...

I love chic flicks! I'm sitting here right now (since the kids are still sleeping) watching Just Like Heaven. Crying through the whole thing but lovin every minute....LOL!

Sandra said...

Emily - I loved Spanglish, but it's so true, I always expect the ending to be different LOL Hope you had a wonderful weekend, can't believe it's sunday already. Love ya girl, Sandra

mel - Yay, he watches chick flicks too? I love a guy who will watch one, shows me they have emotions LOL

courtney - LOL I cried the whole time during Just Like Heaven. LOVED LOVED it :) LOL

someone else said...

I love old romance movies and Alfred Hitchcock. When my husband is out of town, I often go rent 2 or 3 old black and whites, or just old ones in color (doesn't matter which).