Sunday, June 18, 2006

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!

I want to start by wishing a very Happy Father's Day to my dad.

My parents divorced when I was just 2 years old, and though I don't remember much about it, the one thing that has stuck with me throughout my life, is the fact that my dad worked SO hard to give me and my two older brothers, a good life.

That he did. He wasn't the easiest to get along with (sorry to tell you dad LOL), but only because he is a perfectionist and always expected us to do things the right way and to the best of our ability. Yes, that might seem harsh at times, but I truly believe that if it weren't for that, my brothers and I wouldn't have become the responsible adults that we are today.

Dad has always been there for me, after all, I'm daddy's girl. So when I got married and moved to the States in 1998, it was really hard for both of us. I miss him terribly and I thank him for always being the best dad anyone could ever wish for.

Thank you dad, for all the life lessons, for all the laughs, for your daily sacrifices and for always knowing what to say and do. I love you!!!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!

*************************************************************

Now on to another important dad in my life. My husband, Curt!!!

I can not even begin to express the gratitude that I feel for having him as the father of my kids. He's always been there no matter what, he is what you would call the perfect daddy. You know the one everyone is drawn to???

He reads to them, he plays with them, he disciplines them when needed, he encourages them to be the best at what they do, he praises them when they do something good (at times even something so small for us, but huge for them) and he constantly tells them he loves them.

Being a soldier he is at times called to defend his country, which means leaving his kids behind for months at a time, and though he loves what he does, it breaks his heart to be separated from them.

So Curt, I thank you for being the best dad I could ever have dreamed of for my kids. We love you and we blessed to have you in our lives. Thank you for everything, for the good and the bad times, for the deployments, for the sacrifices, for the tons of laughs you give us each day.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!

****************************************************************
And last but not least, to my brothers Paul, Miguel and Bruno. You guys have all come so far, I remember the times we would run around playing hide and seek, or cars, or hospital (the endless bandaids on the dolls LOL).

Now you are all grown up, wonderful husbands and even more amazing father's. My nieces and nephews Tiffany, Colby, Dylan, Taryn-Lee and Alyssa couldn't be more lucky to have you all in their lives.
Thank you for being the best dads in the world. We love you all!!!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!

***************************************************************
Last but certainly not least, a very Happy Fathers Day to the fathers out there, especially the soldiers who will unfortunately be spending this day miles and miles away from their little ones.
Again, thank you for your sacrifices and I hope that next year you will be able to spend the day surrounded by your kids and not by war.


What Makes A Dad

God took the strength of a mountain, The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun, The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature, The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages, The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring, The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity, The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities, When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so, He called it ... Dad

~Author Unknown~

10 comments:

someone else said...

What lovely tributes to the dads in your life. The poem is beautiful! Thanks for sharing all of this with us.

Courtney said...

Happy Father's Day to your husband & all the men in your life! Such a sweet post Sandra. Have a great day:)
Love always,
Court

Angie said...

What a great tribute to all the "Dads" in your life. I love the poem!

Beck said...

It's wonderful that you have so many great dads in your life! I like the poem that you posted, too.

Michelle said...

The poem was so sweet, thanks for sharing it! I am daddy's little girl as well. And you are right being the only daughter helps.. I have two brothers! LOL.

Happy Father's day to your hubby and daddy!

Michelle said...

What a wonderful tribute to all the men/dads in your life!

Thanks for stopping by my blog; it's nice to "meet" another AF spouse out there!

Charla said...

Hey Sandra, I loved your post today! You always no how to put your thoughts into beautiful words! Wow, you never cease to amaze me! :) The poem was also really nice! Talk to ya soon!
Love ya,
Charla

rena said...

That poem was sweet. Very nice. It's a blessing that you got to have your dad in your life after your parents divorced. My parents divorced when I was 3 and I never really knew my dad before he passed away...but..God promises to be a Father to the Fatherless, so my Father's Days are in celebration of Him who adopted me.
Your tribute to the "dads" in your life was lovely. You express yourself very well when you write.
Have a great Sunday evening...

Shionge said...

So sweet and thoughtful Sandra! Happy Father's Day to your man!

Overwhelmed! said...

What a sweet post about the dads in your life! I loved the poem too.

I posted about my husband and what a great daddy he is to our son. If you haven't already, stop by and take a peek! Oronzo even read it and posted a quick comment! :)