Thursday, June 01, 2006

GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!

Ok if you see me go by today, just stay out of the way. It's going to be one of THOSE days. You know the ones, the kind that make you run around all day with two kids in tow (no moms of 3 or more, I don't know how you do it), drive around constantly yelling at the backseat "Knock it off" and "If I have to pull this car over" or even "Leave your sister alone, leave your brother alone, don't look at each other". Crazy huh???

Well it's payday, yep, first let me ask the other military wives who get paid twice a month. Is it just me or was this payday extremely and excruciatingly long???? What happened to the two weeks, this was more like a month LOL

So anyway, moving on. I'm going to be running around all day. Here's what you can expect from me, or what I'm counting on getting done if my kids cooperate.

8:30 am - Pick up report card from school
9:00 am - Airman's attic to donate some stuff and look for a lamp
9:30am - Self help for some grass seed and a carpet cleaner
10:00 am - Bx to get a gift for Jasmine's Teacher (yeah I totally forgot about it so will have to mail it to her)
10:30 am - Taco bell to pick up lunch for hubby, drive to his work, put the lunch in his truck, drive back home and call him to let him know it's there
11:00 am - Commissary for groceries (this I am NOT looking forward to, you don't understand the hell I go through with two kids and a grocery cart)
12:00 pm - Home for lunch
1:00 pm - Pay bills online
2:00 pm - Clean the house and do a load of laundry
3:00 pm - Drive downtown to pay some more bills and go to Walmart for some items
5:00 pm - Grab some take out dinner
6:00 pm - Baths and then mommy can sit down and relax for an hour and half before getting them ready for bed.

Ok I just want to run, right now, far far away. After looking at that list, I'm done, I'm tired and I want to go to bed. *insert song* SHOW ME THE WAY TO GO HOME, I'M TIRED AND I WANT TO GO TO BED!!!!

But here's the good news....after 6 years of truck payments, the truck is officially ours and paid for. YIPPEE!!! It's done, it's finally done, I'm so ecstatic. I know that probably means nothing to you guys, well not even probably, I'm sure it DOESN'T mean anything to you, but to us it's a huge thing.

See being married is one of those things that takes work, which by the way, I want you to go on over to Morning Glory's blog "Seeds from my Garden" and read her post about marriage. It's brilliant and should be required reading for everyone married or thinking of getting married. Go on, what are you waiting for??? I'll still be here, I have nowhere to go. You're back, good!!!

She said it best with this line "Good marriages don't happen by osmosis." Boy have I learnt the hard way. After almost 8 years of marriage we struggled through the ups and downs, the getting to know each other stage and let me tell you something, it's not easy when you are used to doing things one way and then are put to the test by living with someone who does things totally opposite from you. We fought like cat and dog the first few years, and it doesn't help that finances weren't good either.

There's this misconception that military get paid well. HA!!! is all I say. Ever tried getting getting by on $450 for bills and groceries???? It's not easy, and that is what made me the frugal and cheap skate that I am today. Well maybe not cheap skate, but it definitely taught me to budget budget budget.

Here's the one thing that hubby and I say to each other. "No matter how difficult things get and how ticked off we may get with each other at times, divorce is OUT OF THE QUESTION. So deal with it!!!" We make the effort and we make sure the marriage works because there is no way out LOL It's really helped us though, we know we want to be together and when things get tough we have our fights and spats but then move on.

And that's it for me, I'm I have to get ready to leave. Hope you all have a great thursday. :)

7 comments:

Angie said...

Oh my, what a list, but I can so relate. Although not the military part or the commissary part either, but...oh and not the putting my husband's lunch in his truck or even the paying off the truck, but everything else. ;)
Mom's have a very busy schedule, don't we?
Today was our last day of school so here we go...weeeeeeeeeeee!
Can't wait till 6:30ish so you can sit a minute or 2.

someone else said...

Sandra, I need a nap after reading your To-Do list for today!

Thank you for the kind words about my blog posting.

Michelle said...

Hey Sandra, I got your message the other day and thank you for the words of encouragement. I enjoyed reading your post! I so understand the hetic schedule and the never ending list of to do's. The powers of a mom! I am glad to hear that you got the truck paid off God is Good!

Its really nice to see that there are still people out there that do not give up on marrige when things get ruff.

Looney Mom™ said...

Hey Sister,

All I can say is I HEAR YA!! I have 4 at home ALL DAY, EVERY DAY!! Lord have mercy...

Liz

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra,

Thank you so much for your prayers. I am having a better day. I know that I go to court the week of the 19th. I just hope it goes well. Sometimes people just go out of their way to make problems. I don't believe in divorce either. I was never married to my child's biological father and now I know why. I think people need to realize that love is a decision more than an emotion.

I will be back to check on your blog. Do you mind if I add you to my site?

Courtney said...

Sounds like my day & yes payday seemed to take forever this time. Glad you got everything done cause I didn't...LOL!

Sandra said...

Angie - Mom's are super busy, I don't know how we do it LOL

Jaimy - It's such a huge relief, his truck payments were $473 a month, it was a HUGE chunk of money that now we don't have to worry about anymore :)

morning glory - Oh you are so welcome, I love your blog and you're such an uplifting and inspiring lady, I only wish everyone knew of your blog so they too could read it. I look up to you and the marriage that you and your hubby have :)

michelle - Thank you so much for stopping by :) And thank you again for the sacrifices you make as a military wife, we're definitely a special breed aren't we? LOL

mother load - Thank you so much for the kind words, it's great knowing that people out there appreciate all the sacrifices we make, not just mentally, but physically and monetarily. It's all worth it though :)

Liz - Let's run away and leave the kids with the dads for a few days LOL

faith - I'm keeping you in my prayers still and will continue to do it, everything will turn out ok for you, just gotta put it in God's hands and let him do the work. Marriage is definitely a work in process, you can't just get married and then sit back and enjoy the ride....lol I would LOVE to be added to your site, thank you :)

Courtney - LOL I barely got it all done, I didn't finish my groceries at the commissary because the kids were acting up and I was again acting like the psycho lady chasing after them and yelling for them to stop. LOL I had to finish the groceries at Walmart....*sigh* LOL