Thursday, June 29, 2006

10 HOURS?!?!?!?!?!


You know of what???? 10 hours of sleep, yes, and it was actually MY sleep. I'm feeling SO much better, it's not even funny. LOL
I took some Motrin last night and it always knocks me out, so I fell asleep at 10pm and didn't wake up until 8am this morning. The kids let me sleep in too, actually Jasmine is still asleep with the pugs.

I want to start by thanking you all for the prayers, I really do feel much better today. I'm not over the cold, but at least I'm not feeling as horrible as I did yesterday. Here's what I've learnt though, over and over and over......no matter how sick you may be feeling, if you have kids, you have to put that aside and move on. One foot in front of the other, is what they say.

Just to give you all a heads up, I'm working on another template for my blog. You know how bored I get with things looking the same, and I like having a blog that reflects whatever is going on in my life at the time. It should be up later today, so check back if you're interested, if not that's ok too :)

So last night I was feeling really unwell and didn't want to cook. That's usually when you know I'm not well, I love cooking and nothing keeps me from my kitchen. I almost ordered take out and then I walked into the kitchen and thought, you know, no matter how yucky I'm feeling, my kids and hubby deserve a good meal.
Wanna know what I made???? Chicken Egg Rolls( I posted the recipe on my food blog if you want to see it)!!! Yeah, how about that?!?!?!
I'm dangerous when I'm sick, I usually pick the hardest things to make, I can't be normal like others and make some sandwiches or soup or something. LOL

Boy were they yummy, and let me tell you, I made it all up, the filling I mean. I had never made them before and had no idea what goes in other than chicken or shrimp or whatever. Turned out so good that it yielded 20 egg rolls and they're all gone LOL
Curt took the rest to work for lunch, which wasn't a lot actually, it was about 5 if that.

***********************************************************

I got into bed last night and picked up my book again. This time the chapter was called "Read it Again, Mom!"
It talks about how the authors daughter always asked her to read the same book at bedtime, and yet everytime she did, it was like the daughter was hearing it for the first time, she had that sparkle in her eye.

It's like reading the Bible. But it wasn't always that way for me, I'm ashamed to admit that when I first started reading it it was boring for me. I found myself falling asleep at times or yawning through it. The Old Testament was especially the worst for me, all those names and dates. Yet, once I started finding comfort with the Lord and really appreciating my relationship with him, I too felt like the author's daughter. Everynight I pick up the Bible and always find something new, I read a verse for the tenth time and find something I missed "Wow, how did I miss that?".

I know now that Christianity is not about religion. It is about a relationship - a very intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.
There's books that my kids LOVE and when I'm done reading it, they ask me to start again. Wouldn't it be great to feel that way about the Bible and God's Word? To have that same enthusiasm, know all the words and what to expect, but yet feel like you can't wait to get in there and read it again.

"Take to heart all the words I have solemnly declared to you this day...They are not just idle words for you-they are your life." Deuteronomy 32:46,47
Time Out

  • On a scale of one to ten, one being "not intimate" and ten being "very intimate", how would you rate your relationship with Christ?
  • If Christianity is enjoying a personal relationship with Jesus, why is so much emphasis placed on "Christian Disciplines" (reading scripture, praying, memorizing verses, going to church, etc.)? In what area do you most need to grow: the disciplines or your personal relationship with Christ?

I have to tell you that this book has really brought it all home for me. It's taught me SO SO much and it's totally changed my perspective on life. I almost feel cheated out of the first 31 years of my life, it's like I've spent it doing the wrong thing (yes we learn from our mistakes), but wouldn't it be nice if I had known about all this before and basked in the Glory of being close to the Lord?

******************************************************************

The kids and I are planning on doing some crafts today, don't know what yet, but I'm sure we'll find something to do. Since I'm feeling better, I think I'll get some laundry done and tackle that mountain of clothes to iron too.

If you have a moment today, please say a prayer for the troops, let's not forget that while we're here in the comfort of our homes, they are out there in the middle of danger and sleeping in cots, dealing with scorching temperatures, exhausted and not getting enough rest, and they're doing it all for US.

Hope you all have a beautiful blessed day,

4 comments:

someone else said...

I'm so happy you're feeling better and got all that sleep. It must have been in the air, because I had a good night's sleep last night too.

I really appreciated the verse in Deuteronomy that you posted. It spoke to me. Thanks.

Angie said...

So glad you are feeling better. (you sound better..ha) I went to bed at about 11 or so and woke up at 9:30 by the phone ringing, the kids were still asleep too. Gotta love those days, but then I feel like half my day is gone! Oh well, it is summertime afterall, right?
I try to do my devotions in the morning so I am not already sleepy. And something always happens throughout the day that relates to what I read in the morning. Funny how that happens, huh?
Have fun with the crafts. Don't over do it! HUGS!

Overwhelmed! said...

Glad to hear that you're feeling better and that you got 10 hours of healing sleep!

What type of crafts will you be doing with the kids? I need to start looking for ideas of crafts that can be done with an 18 month old! :)

Michelle said...

Glad to hear you were able to get 10 hrs of sleep!

You are amazing...going in and making a dinner from scratch and putting those egg rolls together while feeling sick! Not me! I would say "fend for yourself!" LOL

I join you in prayer for our troops too.