Monday, April 24, 2006

If only I would have known............

Last night after the kids were asleep, I was flipping through the tv channels as I usually do. Trying to find something to watch became frustrating, there was just nothing that appealed to me.
While doing that, I stopped on the INSP channel (Inspiration Network) and caught a program by Pastor Courtney McBath. WHAT a find!!!!

His message really spoke to me, and I have to tell you that usually I'm not too drawn to the tv ministries, I guess because I can't find one that doesn't become boring after a while.
Pastor McBath is wonderful though and I loved every minute.

So the topic was about "Removing the Limitations" and a couple of things he said really stuck with me,

"The devil doesn't own anything, he's always a freeloader, a squatter. He's never going to be king because there's already been one appointed and he does NOT own your prison, he does NOT have ultimate control over you, God is the one in control and when he wants to bring you out, it does NOT matter how many guards they may bring out to keep you in that prison, it won't matter."

" Stuff doesn't confirm what he says, HIS spirit confirms what he says"

"When God brings limitations on our lives, he does it for our good and for his glory, the bottom line is not me being blessed, it's what will bring God his glory. Why is it that you pray so long and it doesn't happen? Because God wasn't ready for it yet, he was still working on that situation."

"The chains are not going to fall off until YOU decide to do what God tells you to do, and go where God tells you to go. You can be anywhere as long as God is with you.

"The miracle of God does NOT negate the responsibility on us. When he says enough is enough, you have to do your part. He won't work a miracle for me until I say yes to what he told me to do"

Bottom line, everything you go through and everyone you meet, the relationships you've had, the heartaches, the tears, the rough patches in your life, ALL of that is there for a reason, it's there to help you on your journey. When you finally realize that it makes perfect sense!!! When you finally accept God into your life and decide to live by his rules, everything becomes clearer.
Boy am I happy I found Pastor McBath on INSP, I'm definitely going to look more into his books and sermons.

On to other things, I'm still not feeling that great, it's weird because I wake up with a really sore throat and this dry cough, and then it goes away, but returns again by nighttime. Just wish I would either get the cold or get better, this middle ground thing is annoying.

Curt is finally back to the normal hours, I only wish they would give the guys some time off, they worked 12 hour shifts through the weekend and are just exhausted. Swing shifts is not too bad for me and Nicholas because we get to see Curt before he goes to work, but for Jasmine it's horrible.
She gets up in the morning and daddy is still asleep, so she leaves for school and then when she gets home in the afternoon, he's already gone to work and by the time he gets home at 12am, she's been asleep for hours. Only time they see each other is on the weekends. It's rough on her but what can we do???

This morning I'm calling up the housing office. Remember I said that they are doing major rebuilding on base. Tearing down all the current housing areas and rebuilding new ones. Well a lot of the houses in the old neighborhoods are empty and just awaiting the demolition. BUT a lot of them have these gorgeous tulips and daffodils planted outside. I'm a sucker for tulips, by far one of my favorite flowers ( I'm sure you can tell by my template).
So anyway, the reason I'm calling the housing office is to find out if it would be ok for me to go get these flowers from the empty houses, and transplant them into my own yard. They're only going to be torn down and killed, so I'm sure it won't be a problem. Last thing I want thought is to go pick up flowers and have the cops arrest me for stealing or vandalism of property LOL

Well I have laundry to do, and a 3 year old to potty train. Hope you all have a great monday :)
Stay safe and God Bless!!!

EDIT: I got the flowers and already planted some, aren't they beautiful? Nothing like tulips in bloom :)

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Hey Julie - Thanks for dropping by. I read the book of Joshua a LONG time ago, but now you have me really curious. Think I'm going to read it again tomorrow, that is way too cool. Will let you know what I think.
I haven't thought about allergies, but now that you mention it, it's probably what it is. Going to try the Claritin, hopefully it will help this out :)
Huge hugs,
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Poor Jasmine. That must be tough on her.
I can't see why they would have a problem with you taking the tulips. You will be saving them :)

Sandra said...

Emily - Thank you so much :) You are always so inspiring and always say the right things to cheer me up :) You are a true blessing for me :)
Huge hugs :)

Melany - Thank you :) It's hard on her and she gets really upset about it at times, but we just have to keep reminding her that daddy loves her, and then friday and saturday nights they stay up together and watch movies, play computer games etc :) They love it :)