Sunday, April 16, 2006

HAPPY EASTER!!!


Happy Easter Everyone!!!

I want to start my post this morning by wishing everyone, family, friends and anyone who many come upon my blog this morning, a wonderful Easter.

I truly hope that this time of year will help you rekindle your spirit and renew your faith.

I know a lot of us get caught up in the Easter celebrations, the family meals, the chocolate eggs etc.....but I started this morning by reading the Story of Easter to my kids. I think it's important before they get carried away by the sugar rush.

So what do we have planned for today, you may ask? I'll be making the usual Easter Meal, the Ham and all that good stuff, and for dessert I try to make a different one every year. So this time I'm making a really yummy pie, called a Banoffee Pie. Will let you know how that turned out.

If you wish to find me today, well, just mosy on over to the kitchen, that's where I'll be most of the time. I want to get all my work out of the way so that I can then sit down with Curt and the kids and enjoy "Jesus of Nazareth".
I'm so excited to watch it again, like I've said before, I've been watching since I was little. Nothing better than laying on the carpet in front of the tv, surrounded by my chocolate eggs while the movie played on TV. I would do the same now, but one, I don't have any chocolate eggs, they go right to my thighs, and second, if I get down on the carpet and lay down it will take me a while to get back up.....my how things have changed!!! LOL

Well I better get started, want to finish off my coffee while it's hot and besides I'm sure you would all rather be doing something else on Easter, than sitting here reading my blog. :)
Again, have a wonderful and blessed day, wherever you may be. A special Easter Wish for my family in South Africa, I miss you guys terribly and love you more than you could ever know.
Will be with you in thought and spirit. :)


4 comments:

Courtney said...

Hope you & your family has a wonderful Easter!
Love,
Court

Karyzma said...

Sandra,
Happy Easter to you and your wonderful family!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Happy E to you too! I confess, I bought eggs (to take a picture with - with the Bubby for his first Easter) and before the hubby came home, I ate them all. I know...shocking...

Sandra said...

Court - Thank you so much hon, hope your family had a great Easter too :)

Mystik - Hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter too :)

Em - Thank you so much :) I try to be a good role model for them, the Lord knows how hard THAT is at times LOL
As for the shopping, it's taken me 8 years to get it right LOL....but if it helps anyone else, I'm all for it :)
Hugs :)

Valk - LOL we did the same thing....I was actually rushing the kids through the egg decorating cause I wanted to eat them LOL HOpe you guys had a GREAT easter and I hope Bubby enjoyed his first Easter :)