Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I welcome the night with open arms


To say that I'm so ready for today to be over is not even close to how I feel.

Nicholas as usual, didn't surprise me at the Commissary. From the moment we walked in the door he was acting out. Remember the shopping cart with the car? The one that I had to be sure I was there first so I wouldn't have to put up with him crying?
Well the good thing is that I DID get it, the bad thing is that within 5 minutes, I was pushing around a shopping cart with a HUGE Dora inside and had Nicholas walking ahead and trying to grab everything he saw.

Now why does he do that? I ask myself time and time again, where did I go wrong? I remember being little and going anywhere with my parents, I was always on my best behavior. I must be doing something terribly wrong here. Sigh......so after an hour of trying to get my groceries done while chasing after a 2 year old, I came home feeling totally defeated. Ok Nicholas you won YET AGAIN!!! How frustrating!!!
I have to reintroduce the "time out" and "thinking spot" punishment again because the way we're going is getting us nowhere.

Had an email today from friends of ours that got out of the Air Force and are now living in the East Coast. Actually we have 2 couples that are there. It's always nice to hear from everyone and to catch up on what they're doing. This is the one thing about military life. It's nice in a way but sad in another......nice because you get to meet so many wonderful friends, and sad because before you know it they're getting orders somewhere else and the only contact becomes emails and the occasional phone call here and there.

Well it's that time of the day for me to say goodnight. I hope you all have a wonderful night. For my family in Jo'burg, South Africa who will be starting their day in a couple of hours, I love you and miss you terribly. Stay safe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We don't remember what it was like to be wo. That's why we think we were on best behaviour. We probably weren't though. LOL

Sandra said...

LOL Mel, that's true. I do remember from 5 years old onwards and I knew if I didn't behave I would have to deal with my dad when I got home, that was enough to make me cringe LOL

Valkyrie said...

Ok - how do you get that song onto your post?? Please tell!!

Sandra said...

Hey valk :) All you do is go to www.videocodezone.com and pick the artist and song you want, then copy the html code and put it in your post, it's that simple :) Let me know if it works ok? You could also try www.videocodes4u.com. :)