Thursday, February 23, 2006

Why do I even bother?

You know I try so hard to do nice things for these kids but somehow they always get thrown back in my face, so to speak. So this afternoon, after getting Jasmine from school, I decide "let's go to the library". I'm thinking you know it's a nice day outside, it's actually 55 degrees which feels sooooooo good, and it would be great to get the kids out for a bit.

We head on over to the library and before we even get out of the car I turn around and say "now listen up, you better not even think about misbehaving inside here, understood?" and I get the usual "yes mommy, I understand" from the back of the car. So I think, great, they are actually being really good right now. We get in the library and find our movies and head back to get the books, and then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, it all starts. Nicholas is running around yelling and talking loud and I'm constantly pulling him aside and saying "be quiet, use your inside voice", of course that doesn't work, he looks at me, smiles and takes off again.
We finally get everything and I'm standing there waiting to check them out, when from behind me on the chairs I start hearing fighting and pushing and Nicholas screaming at the top of his lungs. GOD please, make a hole big enough for me to get into, I'm so embarassed I just want to run out of there.

So we try to leave and Nicholas decides that he's not ready so he throws himself on the ground and does not want to budge, I do the whole mom threatening thing....I walk to the door and act like I'm leaving without him at which point he runs after me. We get back in the car and I'm fuming to say the least, is it too much to ask to go anywhere without it being a HUGE commotion?

We get home and they walk in the door and straight away start fighting and screaming and complaining about who gets to sit where on the couch and who gets to watch their movie first. So now I've had it, I grab them both and take them to the hallway where I proceed to put them with their noses up against the wall and their hands at their sides, for every time they turn around I add another minute. It goes fine with Jasmine and when her 5 minutes are up I ask her if she knows why she got punished and she tells me because they were fighting and not listening....I hug her and send her on her way. Oh did I forget to mention that this whole time I'm having to fight nicholas and put him back against the wall? Yeah, as you can see it didn't go down too well with him but after 5 minutes of this he finally realize that he might as well go along with it and he did. I then hugged him and explained why he was punished and I have to say that for the rest of the afternoon I have had no incidents.....how about that?!?!?!?

That's how my afternoon has been going. But here's something really cool that I got in my inbox this morning, you put in the date of your birth, or marriage or whatever, and you find out what was the number one song at the time. How cool is that?

So here is my list:
  1. The day I was born: August 10,1974 ... "Feel Like Makin' Love" by Roberta Flack
  2. The day I started high school: January 9, 1988 ... "So Emotional" by Whitney Houston
  3. The day I graduated from High School: November 3, 1992 ... "End of the Road" by Boyz II Men
  4. The day I met my husband: August 12, 1997 ... "I'll Be Missing You" by Puff Daddy & Faith Evans featuring 112
  5. The day we got married: August 12, 1998 ... "The Boy Is Mine" by Brandy & Monica
  6. The day I moved to the USA: September 19, 1998 ... "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith
  7. The day my hubby was born: May 22, 1973 ... "Frankenstein" by The Edgar Winter Group
  8. The day Jasmine was born: April 25, 1999 ... "No Scrubs" by TLC
  9. The day Nicholas was born: April 11, 2003 ... "In Da Club" by 50 Cent
  10. The day Jasmine started Kindergarten: August 31, 2004 ... "Lean Back" by Terror Squad
And that's it for today, don't forget to check my food blog for today's recipe. Hopefully the kids will eat with NO problems.
Have a great night everyone.........God Bless!

No comments: