Monday, February 20, 2006

Happy President's Day!!!

I have to say that I actually got a bit more sleep last night, my sinus didn't bug me as much. Thank God for that!!!

It's weird when a holiday is on a weekday because it throws my schedule all out of whack. I'm thinking it's sunday and it's monday.......at least this will be a 4 day week right?

Nicholas and I have been up since 6:30am, his internal alarm clock was set a bit earlier today, just my luck. We've had our breakfast and we've been sitting here for hours doing absolutely nothing, well, he was watching cartoons on tv and I was sitting on the computer doing my usual email, blog etc etc. I was also looking up activities and places to visit this summer. We plan on going camping because Nicholas is finally big enough for it, I just didn't want to do the whole tent, out in the wild thing, with a kid younger than 2 years old, that would have just been asking for trouble.

People don't really seem to realize how beautiful it is around Mountain Home. I know that the base is pretty much in the middle of nowhere but if you just drive a few minutes out of the area you are surrounded by canyons, waterfalls, state parks etc. That's what we plan on doing this summer, we've been here for 8 years and haven't really explored much of Idaho, I think it's about time we do. We're not wanting to do overnight stays because obviously that will get expensive, but day trips are definitely in our plans. Will be fun keeping a journal of our trips too.

So what do I have planned for today? NOTHING. Oh wait, taking pictures of the house, I'm constantly rearranging and adding new things so I thought it would be nice to get some updated photos for you guys to see. I'm in the process of moving all my photos to my.opera.com because fotki is always either unavailable or acting weird and half the time the photos are not showing up. Will finish doing that today and while I'm at it, I might as well burn the pics to a cd so that I don't loose them should my computer go weird again.

Well Happy President's Day!!! Enjoy your day off from work!!!

No comments: