Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Dental Insurance

You know I shudder to think of all those not fortunate enough to have dental insurance.

Jasmine had her dentist appointment today and everything went fine, except that she needs to have some minor fillings done on all 4 molars. Well when I say minor I'm thinking, can't be that bad, or expensive right?

It comes out to almost $200 for all 4 teeth. GO UNITED CONCORDIA!!! *Shudder*. Then I decide, well I have some dental work that needs to be done, 2 cavities, a bridge, a crown replaced etc etc........I almost passed out when I was handed the print out where it states that our share for all of this is $2038. OMG, now I understand why there are people walking around with bad teeth, who can afford this? If this is how much we have to pay having dental insurance, I don't even want to think about doing without.

All in all a good day. Now here is a question though? Why is it that when I go to the store and take Nicholas, I almost end up in tears? He will NOT behave for me, causes me to chase him all over the place, throws tantrums etc. I took Jasmine to the dentist and Curt took Nicholas to Walmart while we were gone. I ask him how he was, almost cringing cause I'm waiting to hear him complain and he says "Oh he was perfect, I've never seen such a well behaved kid"! WHAT?!?!?! HOLD ON A SEC!!!! My Nicholas was the perfect well behavid kid....why, why is all I ask. Don't get me wrong I'm glad he was good for daddy but how about sharing that goodness with mommy? LOL


Anyway, I wanted to send out a huge "WELCOME HOME" to the troops that just returned from Iraq, the SP's that were gone for 6 months have been arriving back on base since last week. I'm so thrilled for their families and for them. Nothing better than seeing a homecoming reunion, always brings tears to my eyes.

I'm so tired today, not sure why, I actually got some sleep last night and haven't done much today but hey, if the body says it's tired, who am I to complain right? Guess I better get off here while I'm still making sense....you ever have those days where you find yourself babbling and not even remembering what you said? I am feeling like that right now LOL

Goodnight all, see ya tomorrow.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

I can so relate! A trip to Wal-mart for me = TORTURE!! I am running into (since daddys gone right now) the daddy doesn't make me do that & daddy doesn't fix it that way! At first it was cute now it's driving me insane!

Valkyrie said...

I think you should name your blog Madame Postalot. Wow, I feel like I have missed so much since yesterday! Anyway, we're off to the polls today - not that it will make any difference to the ANC mind you. Don't miss South Africa too much doll - there are plenty of things to forget happily!

Sandra said...

You know Courtney it's like walking into a store and they become possessed. LOL
They're angels for daddy and little terrors for the mommy, go figure!

Valk, LOL, I always have so much to say. I remember the voting days and the ANC. I miss so much about South Africa, mainly my family and the beautiful country, of course I DON'T miss the violence and the political crap. Stay safe today :)

Unknown said...

My dentist has been really good to us over the past few years. He is encouraging us to get insurance in case anything goes wrong. Do you think that this is necessary? We have never had it before, and really have never needed it.dental insurance singapore