Saturday, February 18, 2006

Beautiful Mountain Home, Idaho!



Woke up this morning and it's 8 degrees outside. Can you say FREEZING?!?!?!
But don't let that take away from the fact that Mountain Home is just beautiful. Thought I would start the blog with a photo.

I know I have to go out today so I'm dreading it already, I guess I will just wait until it warms up a bit, or so I hope.
You know just like I was saying yesterday, this morning at 7am sharp, Nicholas is awake and ready to get up......sigh....I wish I could get some more sleep at least on the weekends, but oh well.

So today I don't have much planned, just gotta make a run to the library to return some books and movies, and then I'm hoping to get some crafts done. I have these really cute dresses that I'm wanting to make for Jasmine, for spring and summertime. I just never seem to have the time for it during the week, and it's no use pulling out the sewing machine if I can't even get to it. Wouldn't want to have something else out for Nicholas to mess with.

I did finish my book yesterday, and now I'm going to restart my other one. I'm a very impatient person when it comes to waiting for things, especially, and I hate to admit this, but especially when it comes to prayer or when I think that things aren't moving quite fast enough for me. I know, I know, that's not the right thing to do, but I can't help it. So a few weeks ago I picked up a book called "You're Late Again Lord: The Impatient Woman's Guide to God's Timing" by Karen Phillips Goodman. I just started laughing when I saw the book cause that is SO me. LOL

So I got it and read the first 1 or 2 pages and then got sidetracked (as usual), but now I'm really eager to finish it and it's no use trying to move on from where I was because I can't even remember what I read anymore. Just going to start from the beginning again and this time try not to get diverted with other stuff. If only I could keep the kids from making a mess, or knocking things down or bugging me every 2 seconds........Oh wait, like THAT'S gonna happen, well it was good to dream for a few seconds LOL

I'm planning on also getting some pictures taken of the base. We've been stationed here for almost 8 years and I don't think I ever did take many pictures, so I was thinking that would be something cool to do this afternoon. Kinda like keeping a digital scrapbook of our lives, which seems to be so popular nowadays. Don't worry, I will share the pictures here, after all, I think it's only fair that everyone sees where we live. Check back soon, I should have some up for you all.

Well I guess I should get cracking.....it's already 9:17am and I'm still sitting here in my PJ's. I love having my morning cup of coffee while I sit at the computer and check email, update my blog etc etc. I'm so used to it that I don't think I could get my day started otherwise. Off to take a shower and get dressed for the day. I'm hoping to update again later today, just to let you know how our saturday went and exactly HOW MUCH I did manage to accomplish. HA, that is going to be something!!!

2 comments:

Mahek said...

hi
as mentioned I am reading your blog right from the very beginning , its such a pleasure.
While reading this post i see so much of me in you , your love for music , your impatience and so many other things
THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR LIFE WITH US...

Gillian said...

I'm also reading this blog from the beginning. I've been reading more recent stuff for about a year but would really like to read the whole thing. Love it!